Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got back this past weekend from my spring bear hunt at Grey Owl Outfitters, in Lynn Lake, Manitoba. This was my second time spending a week there. in 2016, I had a shot opportunity and blew it and had to come back. Dad and I had the time of our lives (again) and were a little more successful. The camp was beautiful, the food was amazing, the fish were biting, and the bears were everywhere. Below are a few pictures from our trip. Had a great time meeting a fellow AT'er (Brent Thei) and his son.

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_20180606_224018.jpg

The week started off cold. Sunday morning, the first day of the hunt, we woke up to low 30's and snow. The first night of the hunt, I got skunked, which wasn't too bad because I was too cold to shoot anyway. The second night, things turned around and I had a boar and a sow put on a show.

IMG_20180604_212956.jpg

When I got picked up by the guide on Tuesday night, Dad told me he got a shot on a really nice 6'6" black boar with a white blaze on his chest. The next morning, we found him 63 yards from his set!

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The third night, they moved me to a new set. 20 minutes in the stand and I saw a cinnamon body moving through the woods. a few minutes later, he snuck in from behind me and gave me a perfect shot. 6'0" cinnamon boar with a white "bowtie" on his chest.

IMG_20180606_093012.jpg

IMG_20180606_092526.jpg

Screenshot_20180605-174331.png

Overall, we had an amazing week at Grey Owl and David is a great host. This is a great outfitter with lots of bears and absolutely incredible food. I would definitely recommend giving Grey Owl Outfitters a call if your looking for a great hunt, great fishing, and unbeatable food.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Way to go, awesome bears!! I hunted Grey Owl 3 times. Great outfit for sure!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Have Bow, Will Travel
466 Posts
Congrats on some fine bears and making memories with your father. Nothing better than that!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Taxidermist said about a year to get the rugs completed. Gonna be a longggg wait, but I should have plenty of jerky and backstraps soon to keep me busy until then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts