Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have been doing this archery thing for a very long time, loved the first 11 years then I let an old friend talk me into going into the crossbow side. Haven't been happy these last four years at all.

So 2018 is the year I want to return to what I love, arrows.

As most of you know I have talked about selling the South Shore store for awhile now and have had some bites but nothing concrete.

At the real value of the South Shore online store it is going to be difficult if not impossible to find a buyer because the average shop is a mom and pop shop.

So I have decided to get aggressive about selling South Shore and set the price at about 1/3rd of its true value.

If any of you know of a mom and pop shop wanting to start a website send them my way. I want 2018 to be the year I get back to my roots

As soon as South Shore is sold Tapp-Nation will change, everything archery except Spynal Tapps will be removed.

And I mean everything, not even going to sell other arrows or even arrow components except with bare shafts so I can spend 100% of the next couple of years working on making the best arrow on the market better.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Jerry just a thought, Maybe another sponsor from here could buy it. Give Dave from Wyverns a call.. You never know.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I better get off my butt and order a ds ....
On the other hand 460 FPS.....hmmmm
That means I would be around four hundred with my 550 grain arrow.....wowsers.....

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
Does this mean you will no longer build arrows for vertical bows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will you no longer be selling scorpyd bows?
My plan is to sell nothing but Sypnal Tapp arrows for the next couple of years then sell Tapp-Nation

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this mean you will no longer build arrows for vertical bows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yep! just spynal Tapps

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I better get off my butt and order a ds ....
On the other hand 460 FPS.....hmmmm
That means I would be around four hundred with my 550 grain arrow.....wowsers.....
Or get both ....

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think burkey247365 would be a good "New" owner.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yep! just spynal Tapps
I'm surprised the market for crossbow arrows is that large.

I'm bummed to see you shut down your crossbow sales. I've got a feeling there's a larger issue at play, but sometimes it's best to end things. Nobody did it better than you Jerry. Good luck going forward.

I guess it's back to ordering my Scorpyds direct...

·
Registered
16,754 Posts
I think burkey247365 would be a good "New" owner.

I'll second that motion!!

I also sent a text out to another guy that would be awesome at being the owner.

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm surprised the market for crossbow arrows is that large.

I'm bummed to see you shut down your crossbow sales. I've got a feeling there's a larger issue at play, but sometimes it's best to end things. Nobody did it better than you Jerry. Good luck going forward.

I guess it's back to ordering my Scorpyds direct...
If I sell south shore there will have to be a non compete. If I start pulling this out and that out to have exceptions on the deal will go south.

Plus my wife is retiring in a little less than a year and I want to free up some time to partially retire.

Keeping the tapps will allow me to grow that brand and a year or two down the road the tapp brand will be more valuable to a buyer.

To say I am not happy that the competition thing will be gone would be an understatement but it has nothing to do with this decision. I actually wanted to retire when I started south shore as a hobby but it grew too big.
I had a full 30 year career with verizon and now 15 going on 16 years here, I have more than earned slowing down then fully retiring in a few years.

But church isnt over yet the first hurdle is selling the south shore store which is a full archery store.

·
Regohio
17,893 Posts
I wish you well Jerry…the Archery/Hunting/Sportsman Industry is a very tough world! Big Box stores keep getting bigger…Everything keeps costing more and more. Then once the economy takes an occasional hiccup Recreational Spending is the First Thing to Go Bye Bye!

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to clarify I am not going anywhere for at least 2 years and south shore has to sell before I stop selling anything.

So everyone can stop sending flowers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts