Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t believe this but there is some serious inside looks and glances at gear that has been largely overlooked in the new Petersen’s Bowhunting mag. Usually the mags are several months behind on info but the new 2019 gear addition has some pretty good sneak peaked, including the unreleased (until now) FL sweater.
Highly recommend you pick up a copy.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
So what is some of the stuff?

·
Registered
19,001 Posts
Thanks, I’ll check it out. Wish there was a good magazine nowadays.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cancelled all my mags, I used to love them years ago. There terrible

·
Registered
19,001 Posts
4IDARCHER- Eastmans still produce a bowhunting mag? Used to see it occasionally at a store nearby....

·
can I shoot it?
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I agree with several of the comments above THIS issue has several small snippets and sneak peaks on gear. That is NOT unusual for the Jan/Feb issue of Petersen’s Bowhunting. They do it each year. What IS different is that this year there are several products that have not been released yet or have video reviews up. I highly recommend picking up this isssue. Too many to go through here, but some really cool smaller items that have not been highlighted at the ATA show or reviewed here.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,630 Posts
So, how many of these items had a review that wasn't glowing?

I rest my case.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I have had the 2019 Petersen's Gear guide since the ATA show, they give them to everyone in attendance and it is the first mag I find myself going back through multiple times in years. I still have a subscription and still enjoy some of the articles. I mostly just skim through and look at gear but lately I find myself reading some of the articles again. I enjoy reading articles by Levi Morgan, Christen Berg and Randy Ulmer.

I also like how they add the draw force curve in the bow reviews and the speed with different weight arrows. It is still a good mag to get imo. I know you can get it online but I have looked through Petersen's Bowhunting mag since I was a little boy and there is just something about getting a new issue in the mail that brings me joy.

·
can I shoot it?
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I rest my case.
Please ready my post before smart ass comments.
Not a review. I am not saying that they don’t review sponsored products well. What a I am saying is that there is first looks and sneak peaks of smaller products that have NOT been shown before, like the FL sweater.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts

I rest my case.
How many people want to spend their time reading about junk or publishers wasting magazine pages trashing a product?
What positive purpose would that serve?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can’t believe this but there is some serious inside looks and glances at gear that has been largely overlooked in the new Petersen’s Bowhunting mag. Usually the mags are several months behind on info but the new 2019 gear addition has some pretty good sneak peaked, including the unreleased (until now) FL sweater.
Highly recommend you pick up a copy.
Can you share the information about the FL sweater?

·
can I shoot it?
16,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It appears to be the replacement for the Cirrus jacket (not the new un-released mid season gear) it looks to have the insulation baffled and maybe a new mix of the 37.5 insulation. It is hooded (which I don’t like as much as the Cirrus was a great layering piece) and looks to have some sort of wind resistance of some type.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts