Archery Talk Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 4816 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,466 Posts
^^me too^^

Was curious what's available...still not sure why cowdocdvm wouldn't share?

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,423
^^me too^^

Was curious what's available...still not sure why cowdocdvm wouldn't share?
He may have some opinions that contradict the veterinary community (purely speculation on my part).

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Had the opportunity to get the dogs out for about 4 hours today. I tell myself I'm looking for sheds. In reality about every 20-30 minutes I have to remind myself that I'm looking for sheds.
Lab comes up over a hill with something in it's mouth. I think "No way, he's got a shed." He then stops about 20 yards away from me with his back to me and lays down and starts gnawing on it. I give him the ole "Come here, now" He turns and I realize it's a deer leg.
I was pretty excited that I was ahead of Nicko for about a minute there.

·
Registered
29,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,425
Had the opportunity to get the dogs out for about 4 hours today. I tell myself I'm looking for sheds. In reality about every 20-30 minutes I have to remind myself that I'm looking for sheds.
Lab comes up over a hill with something in it's mouth. I think "No way, he's got a shed." He then stops about 20 yards away from me with his back to me and lays down and starts gnawing on it. I give him the ole "Come here, now" He turns and I realize it's a deer leg.
I was pretty excited that I was ahead of Nicko for about a minute there.
Phew!!! Had me worried for a minute.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,621 Posts
Ordered binos today. Nothing special, just Diamondback HD 8X42. What is a good bino harness to use while bow hunting?

·
Registered
29,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,427
Ordered binos today. Nothing special, just Diamondback HD 8X42. What is a good bino harness to use while bow hunting?
I use the vortex harness but it tends to be stretchy and the binoculars bounce around when you’re moving. Sitting on stand and not moving it’s perfectly fine.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Just a harness?Tough to beat a Rick Young.If you want something with protection,Alaskan guide creations are nice as well.

·
24,466 Posts
Second Rick Young for the minimalists, I use it during 3d shoots and at the range...however I went with Sitka Mountain Harness when I’m hunting. Been very happy with it..range finder in side pocket, phone in the other. License in rear zip, if I’m running out for a short hunt close by, it’s all I take. I’ll walk back for knives, lights, etc...

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
My son had a very healthy active 4 year old lab . Gave him nexgaurd in the morning and he was dead by the end of the day. A lot of people use it, but I will never give that stuff to my dogs. We use Frontline even though its kind of a PIA to apply.

Edit, sorry way behind here. Was responding to Matt's post 3 days ago.

·
Perry Hunter
2,335 Posts
Hey Dave. I have collected quite a few over the years. If you need one, I have one I could give you probably laying in the hunting room.
I have a Rick Young on my go to Binocs and I absolutely love it. Doesn’t offer any cover/protection....but works incredibly well for bow hunting. Has a rangefinder clip I can hook my rangefinder too as well for quick access when needed.

·
24,466 Posts
My Pop liked the Vortex harness, but couldn’t get it on over top of his layers when the temps dropped and he’s a slim 5’10”, 170ish(I think)

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
😳 (ignore the date) Need another year?
2B5C94B8-B85F-4E38-8641-5BB31CDDB5A9.jpeg

·
Perry Hunter
2,335 Posts

Big shoutout to our very own Perry24. He built me a set of strings/cables for my SR6 that are phenomenal! He also had them made extremely quick. I have been doing bow work for quite awhile and cannot say enough about these. His end servings are immaculate. I only had to put one twist in bottom cable to time the cams perfectly and only three twists in right side yoke cables to be shooting bullet holes. I love the flo purple on this bow too! Great work here, Dave! I know where I’ll be ordering all of my strings in the future!!

·
Registered
29,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,438
Three string sets here from Perry24 so far. Agreed on the end servings. All three sets have been quality.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,621 Posts

Big shoutout to our very own Perry24. He built me a set of strings/cables for my SR6 that are phenomenal! He also had them made extremely quick. I have been doing bow work for quite awhile and cannot say enough about these. His end servings are immaculate. I only had to put one twist in bottom cable to time the cams perfectly and only three twists in right side yoke cables to be shooting bullet holes. I love the flo purple on this bow too! Great work here, Dave! I know where I’ll be ordering all of my strings in the future!!
Three string sets here from Perry24 so far. Agreed on the end servings. All three sets have been quality.
Thank you for the kind words and for your business!

4421 - 4440 of 4816 Posts