Archery Talk Forum banner

4441 - 4460 of 4835 Posts

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
nice looking string set and a sweet bow! Building strings is no simple task.

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,443 (Edited)
I like doing all other things archery related myself from tuning to arrow building but as long as there are string builders like Dave making quality sets, I'll gladly get my strings from him as long as he's doing it.

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
Lots of turkeys around, more than I’ve seen in past winters. Somewhat surprised with the constant snowpack.
3BBBC4DC-2718-4FC4-9AAC-7D4EF675E04B.jpeg
0F39B3B7-71D6-453B-B744-66779FCB9D35.jpeg

Reactions: nicko

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
Really enjoy the Pileated’s LTG. I played a sound clip on my phone and 3 came in, hard to photograph them up
9E93F3E3-BB84-4BE4-9442-A57EFCA00087.jpeg
close however.

Reactions: Perry24

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,634 Posts
So corporate and business-like.
LOL! I had to meet with each of my staff this week to go over their annual performance reviews. Must of carried over to AT.

·
Perry Hunter
2,335 Posts
Really enjoy the Pileated’s LTG. I played a sound clip on my phone and 3 came in, hard to photograph them up View attachment 7374151 close however.
As much as I enjoy wildlife, I can’t stand woodpeckers. They have destroyed much timber in my woods. I have heard many say they only destroy dead trees....not the case at all. They have destroyed quite a few trees around here and they are everywhere. The only time I even remotely enjoy them anymore is is in the spring when they can make some turkeys shock gobble. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know how many of you saw this, but back in January while deer season was still going on in the Southeast, the board voted for preliminary approval to changes that will greatly affect hunters that kill deer in 5C and 5D. They are planning to limit hunters to a maximum of 4 doe tags at a time for the entire state, special regs areas included. After you report a harvest, then you are allowed to apply for another tag from the leftovers, but that would require a trip to a country treasurer or a pink envelope in the mail that takes weeks. You can't pick up your next tag at a retail store - is a drive to the county courthouse during their business hours during m-f excluding holidays.

Gone will be having in hand 3 tags for the state plus as many as you wish to purchase for 5C and 5D.

If you normally go into September with three tags for upstate hunts, and then also buy a handful of tags for 5C and 5D, you will not be able to do that this year.

This has not been finalized yet, but the first vote was snuck through in January while we were still on stand. They will meet and vote again in April. Take action now, and tell your hunting partners as well.

If you want access to the same tags as years past, tell them to leave the special regs WMUs out of this new tag limit system. Contact the pgc and your commissioners by phone to get your voice heard. At the very least, send them an email to:
[email protected]

pgc news page said:
THREE-LICENSE LIMIT FOR ANTLERLESS DEER HUNTERS COULD BE LIFTED

Hunters statewide could get the opportunity to apply for and receive additional antlerless deer licenses, as long as licenses remain available, and provided that a hunter holds no more than four unfilled antlerless deer licenses at a time.

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today gave preliminary approval to a measure that would remove the three-license limit for antlerless deer hunters statewide.

If the measure is adopted, hunters will continue to mail antlerless license applications to county treasurers, as required by law. Application would follow the same schedule where residents, and later nonresidents, are permitted to apply for a license in the opening round, and in each of two successive rounds for any Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) where licenses remain. Then in early September, over-the-counter sales would begin, and hunters could pick up a fourth antlerless license in any WMU where licenses remain, either by going to a county treasurer’s office to purchase the license or sending an application by mail.

Once a hunter obtains four licenses, the hunter could not purchase additional licenses without first harvesting deer and reporting them. At no time would a hunter be able to possess more than four unfilled antlerless licenses.

But there would be no limit on the total number of licenses a hunter could obtain in a license year. As long as licenses remain available, and a hunter holds fewer than four unfilled antlerless licenses, the hunter can purchase another. A hunter without an antlerless deer license could purchase four licenses at a time over the counter; a hunter with two unfilled licenses could purchase two at a time.

During the discussion on this proposal, Commissioner Kristen Schnepp-Giger commented that, for the vast majority of hunters, this change will not have direct impact, as they already are able to purchase antlerless licenses within the initial rounds of the antlerless application process, prior to the WMU of their choice selling out. But under the proposed change, those who hunt in WMUs that have leftover licenses available will have the opportunity to buy up to four licenses, instead of the previous limit of three.

The proposal to remove the three-license limit for antlerless deer hunters statewide is intended to ensure the licenses allocated within a WMU are issued to the fullest extent possible. For instance, in WMUs 2A and 4A in the 2020-21 license year, well over 16,000 antlerless licenses remained available in mid-November, and hunters in these and other areas have questioned whether the three-license limit continues to make sense.

The new process would be simpler, since the same distribution rules would apply to all WMUs, while maintaining fair and equitable distribution. There’s potential the proposed changes would make more antlerless licenses available deeper into hunting season, perhaps giving hunters who purchase their licenses later a chance to get one. And if implemented, the proposal likely would result in the collateral benefit of increased harvest reporting.

The proposal will be brought back to the April meeting for a final vote.

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
4 is the max number of licenses that can be held at once. After that a kill allows for additional to be purchased.
I don’t think the spec regs areas should be excluded.

·
Registered
29,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,455
Just saw this on a PA hunting page on FB. Looks like Limerick township has their eyes on SGL 234. :mad:

13FA4195-9754-4B77-A059-E36FD9381498.jpeg
B8DA849C-9CDD-4AA6-A5F5-002F9E6A987D.jpeg

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
^ horrible. Limerick Twp is overdeveloped now. 422 makes it so convenient to do so. Maybe they can add another starbucks and some other trendy little boutiques the modern male gravitates towards.

·
Registered
29,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,458
If the township forces this down the throats of the game commission and puts a road right through the center of it, this place will turn into a park for all the young suburban professionals and stay at home moms. If they develop available land on the outskirts of it, not much you can do about that but a road through the center of these game lands will ruin them.
21224766-48D1-47DA-B672-646B612784E6.jpeg
0D9E4B67-ECCA-4605-8CB6-00B328B58C55.jpeg

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,634 Posts
Any idea of how wide that ROW is? If it was defined, that could limit putting a road through.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,472 Posts
I don't know how many of you saw this, but back in January while deer season was still going on in the Southeast, the board voted for preliminary approval to changes that will greatly affect hunters that kill deer in 5C and 5D. They are planning to limit hunters to a maximum of 4 doe tags at a time for the entire state, special regs areas included. After you report a harvest, then you are allowed to apply for another tag from the leftovers, but that would require a trip to a country treasurer or a pink envelope in the mail that takes weeks. You can't pick up your next tag at a retail store - is a drive to the county courthouse during their business hours during m-f excluding holidays.

Gone will be having in hand 3 tags for the state plus as many as you wish to purchase for 5C and 5D.

If you normally go into September with three tags for upstate hunts, and then also buy a handful of tags for 5C and 5D, you will not be able to do that this year.

This has not been finalized yet, but the first vote was snuck through in January while we were still on stand. They will meet and vote again in April. Take action now, and tell your hunting partners as well.

If you want access to the same tags as years past, tell them to leave the special regs WMUs out of this new tag limit system. Contact the pgc and your commissioners by phone to get your voice heard. At the very least, send them an email to:
[email protected]

I actually support this move...maybe I’m in the minority?

4441 - 4460 of 4835 Posts