Archery Talk Forum banner

881 - 900 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Non-hunting topic. Has anyone used a GoPro or camcorder to livestream? If so, did it work well? I am trying to find a way to livestream my son's soccer matches since only 2 family members can attend. Hopefully, this nonsense will end soon, but until then, trying to find some options.
Facebook live?

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,880 Posts
Some phones work much better than a GoPro or cam as the data signal runs straight...check out periscope ... pretty intuitive...I was going to add it to my annual KS thread but signal on the farm isn’t consistent. That’s usually the deal breaker when trying to live stream

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
13,736 Posts
Some phones work much better than a GoPro or cam as the data signal runs straight...check out periscope ... pretty intuitive...I was going to add it to my annual KS thread but signal on the farm isn’t consistent. That’s usually the deal breaker when trying to live stream
I used my phone yesterday, but quality wasn't very good. I have a Note 10+.

I'll have to checkout periscope.

·
Registered
27,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
Gonna take a stab and say out of velvet, 135-140.

Hindquarters/behind his rib cage looks withered. Injured?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Saw a picture of a nice Allegheny County 11 point killed on opening day, in Baldwin Boro. I am no expert at scoring but guessing around around 150 ish.

·
8,283 Posts
Gonna take a stab and say out of velvet, 135-140.

Hindquarters/behind his rib cage looks withered. Injured?
I think he's pretty healthy. This is the 3rd year I've seen him. Maybe the 4th but too hard to tell when he was really young. That pic was about a month ago or so. Haven't seen him since.

·
8,283 Posts
I used my phone yesterday, but quality wasn't very good. I have a Note 10+.

I'll have to checkout periscope.
That's kind of surprising. I thought the note had good cameras. Was it because it was fast moving or too far away ? Or maybe it was just FB compressing the video. Most of the live stream videos I've seen on FB seem to be low quality.

·
22,880 Posts
FB live is not a good tool to stream with...so a quick search and you’ll see top 10...I think periscope is still at or near the top

·
8,283 Posts
High 120s - Low 130s

Hope you put him down, then we’ll know for sure
Thank you. Hope you have a great season as well.

I think one of the main things I'm looking forward to this year is tanning a hide or 2. I was into a few years back and life happened and now I'm interested again.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Has anyone use capital area bowhunters for lease? There are groups of 3-5 hunters in my area paying 4 and 5k for a 20-50 acre lease and the quality of bucks is usually 2.5 yr olds

·
22,880 Posts
They are RIP OFF artists and I’ll leave it at that on the open forums.

If you want some more info drop my a line or PM

·
Perry Hunter
2,152 Posts
Most of you guys are low on that buck. That’s a 140” and possibly a
“few change” if the mass is what it looks.

Reactions: nick060200

·
Perry Hunter
2,152 Posts
They are RIP OFF artists and I’ll leave it at that on the open forums.

If you want some more info drop my a line or PM
I’ll second this exactly!

881 - 900 of 1599 Posts