Archery Talk Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1951 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,984 Posts
Most of you guys are low on that buck. That’s a 140” and possibly a
“few change” if the mass is what it looks.
Let’s take a more calculated guess

1s and 4s are short and will be shorter when the velvet comes off...mass will be reduced significantly when the velvet comes off, but I’ll be liberal..

1s - 6
2s - 17
3s - 16
4s - 4
Junk - 1
SC - 17
Mains - 37

I don’t see anywhere near 40”in mass to get to 138
More likely close to 30” putting him at

128”

Again, my thoughts aren’t meant in any way as insult and I hope I”m way off on the low end. I would NOT hesitate to send a volley his way (lol).

I score a ton of deer every year and usually end up within 5” or so of an “official” score. Velvet is super misleading, not only with mass but with tine length too.

Just my .02

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I would say lower 130s is my guess

I have yet to find leasing site that doesn't ask ridiculous prices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Perry Hunter
2,153 Posts
Let’s take a more calculated guess

1s and 4s are short and will be shorter when the velvet comes off...mass will be reduced significantly when the velvet comes off, but I’ll be liberal..

1s - 6
2s - 17
3s - 16
4s - 4
Junk - 1
SC - 17
Mains - 37

I don’t see anywhere near 40”in mass to get to 138
More likely close to 30” putting him at

128”

Again, my thoughts aren’t meant in any way as insult and I hope I”m way off on the low end. I would NOT hesitate to send a volley his way (lol).

I score a ton of deer every year and usually end up within 5” or so of an “official” score. Velvet is super misleading, not only with mass but with tine length too.

Just my .02
I don’t think your far off on most, but the palmation on the left side in the close-up, I certainly think helps the mass and I do see closer to 35 at least (velvet does make it tougher). I also think main beams are slightly bigger than 37.
While velvet is misconceiving, there is mass for sure on the left side in one close-up. It’s a main frame 10 pt with nice main beams, pretty good tines (except 4’s) and carries mass (on left for sure). If it comes up short of 140”, it’s not going to be much at all. I am sorry but I don’t see how this one comes in under 130” for many of you. But I’ve been wrong before.....
Appreciate the Hadley Creek comparison too.... that’s really cute guys.

·
Perry Hunter
2,153 Posts
To be honest, after their last antics in Coatesville, I didn’t even think they were still in operation.
They are not only in operation but have gotten bigger. See them scattered throughout MD now and they have gained numerous farms in my county and backyard in last 3 years. I would not recommend these guys to anyone, and I’ll take the high line like Joe and not disclose anymore in public. It’s not the price I am referring to either.

·
8,285 Posts
So are most of you guys using Tapatalk or are you on the main page for this site ? I've been gone a bit. A poster made me realize feedback was taken away from everyone in the classifieds. That blows big time.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
13,843 Posts
So are most of you guys using Tapatalk or are you on the main page for this site ? I've been gone a bit. A poster made me realize feedback was taken away from everyone in the classifieds. That blows big time.
I am using the paid version of Tapatalk. I tried the new format, but saw no advantage to it over Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
My scoring system consists of two points:
Shooter
non-shooter
That's a shooter.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Nicko, how many more games before you change the avatar?

·
22,984 Posts
Nicko, how many more games before you change the avatar?
LOL....I was wondering but didn't want to say....hope they don't sleep on the Bengals this weekend, that team has been in both games a tight one with the chargers where the lost by 3 and should have one if butterfingers didn't drop the touchdown and shootout with cleveland where they lost by 5 and fumbled on their own 10 in the 4th in what could have been the winning touchdown drive....BIrds have a tough season ahead of them...Wentz pitches another stinker and he might just get Hurts😱

·
22,984 Posts
non archery....

does anyone here duck hunt?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
non archery....

does anyone here duck hunt?
successfully....no....but I have taken a shot gun out to what I hoped was a duck pond and hid in the brush....no luck yet.

901 - 920 of 1951 Posts