Archery Talk Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1891 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,976 Posts
I'm new to SE PA. Have been duck hunting for years around the Chambersburg area. Having trouble finding decent spots at the moment. Although I haven't put enough effort in just yet.
Where in the SE?

I live in Delco (Aston/Media) work in Chesco (Pottstown)....

I'd like to get into it a bit more, but struggling to find spots that aren't parts of clubs that I'd have to sell my Kidney to join. I have the small basic set of 12-texas rigged mallards and a rippler that I don't think works anymore. I will conceed that my limited experience thus far has been on private farm ponds in KS, so I am probably spoiled, but I really enjoyed it and my son seems to enjoy shooting the shotgun, so thinking I might try to connect those dots....

·
22,976 Posts
Does anyone know if you can hunt ducks on Marsh Creek or Hopewell?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where in the SE?

I live in Delco (Aston/Media) work in Chesco (Pottstown)....

I'd like to get into it a bit more, but struggling to find spots that aren't parts of clubs that I'd have to sell my Kidney to join. I have the small basic set of 12-texas rigged mallards and a rippler that I don't think works anymore. I will conceed that my limited experience thus far has been on private farm ponds in KS, so I am probably spoiled, but I really enjoyed it and my son seems to enjoy shooting the shotgun, so thinking I might try to connect those dots....
You are not far from me. I'm just outside of Downingtown.

I have heard people having some success floating down the Brandywine. I'm not all that familiar with floating the creeks for waterfowl but definitely something I will be looking into as far as the regulations around it. This seems to be the best option as just about all of the banks are private property.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Depending on how this Sunday goes, I might have a new one by 4:30pm that afternoon.
I have some extra patriots gear you can have.....
:D

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Depending on how this Sunday goes, I might have a new one by 4:30pm that afternoon.
Buddy named his dog Carson. Just told him he could really end up hating that name in another year or so:)

·
22,976 Posts
Looks good, hope it holds up for ya’

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
So far so good. I bought an actual bow stave from a Bowyer this time. Part of the problem with the first two were the wood, crappy grain on #1 and too dry of wood on number #2. Couple that with the learning curve and well........I learned what not to do, lol!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for an 8' long basket ball diam log of osage orange 🤗 Guy has a tree that is falling over and it's over the road. When he finally decides to cut it I get that nice piece. Should be able to get several staves from it.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Just ran a couple dozen shots through her..........I can shoot this thing :giggle:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You are not far from me. I'm just outside of Downingtown.

I have heard people having some success floating down the Brandywine. I'm not all that familiar with floating the creeks for waterfowl but definitely something I will be looking into as far as the regulations around it. This seems to be the best option as just about all of the banks are private property.
If the bird you shoot lands on private land it will get ugly.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Does anyone know if you can hunt ducks on Marsh Creek or Hopewell?
You can at Marsh Creek. It's a little like fishing a stocked creek on the opening trout season.

921 - 940 of 1891 Posts