Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*** 2020-21 Pennsylvania Hunting Thread ***

210K views 5K replies 160 participants last post by  138104 
#1 ·
Time for a new thread… I think we’ve milked all we could out of this past season.

Not sure if I’ll get my new license when they go on sale tomorrow or I’ll wait till a day later in the week but I will definitely get it this week. Still not comfortable trying the online purchase as I remember there being delays in the past that ran into the doe tag application process.

Can’t say I have any big plans or changes coming for the fall. Still going to try to punch a public land tag. I had chances last year and opted to pass because I had adult does with little ones in tow. I still have quite a bit of meat in the freezer and I expect to still have some when the season begins so no rush to knock one down.

Probably going to take my rut vacation this year to start in one week and carryover to the next, about half of each week. Not crazy about sitting around on Sunday and not being able to hunt but I would rather focus on the dates I think will be best and produce the most opportunity.

As for equipment, I am loaded up with arrows and I’m going to roll with my same stable of bows this year… E35, synergy, and a GT500. Will need to get up to Potter at some point to do some stand maintenance and move things around but probably won’t do that until sometime in August.

See less See more
#14 ·
Nice!

Got up at at 11:55pm last night and was checked out and back to bed by 12:10am. Got the 3 of our licenses and dmap tags. Both units we get tags in are already gone this AM, the one was gone when I checked right after I checked out :mg: Everyone has figured it out and they go quick!

#24 ·
As far as the possible online license delays...I was thinking of buying my license online this year but as of yet have not. I did with my fishing license...but you print that out right away...so no issue there. I would think with your hunting license, if purchased online, once you do, that info would be in the system. I have always had some spare doe tag envelopes and the application itself can be printed and filled out, your CID doesn't change....so...as long as you have an envelope to mail the application when it's time, whether you have your license in hand or it didn't arrive in the mail yet...it shouldn't be a problem. :dontknow: if that is the case but don't see why it wouldn't be...

No major changes for my hunting or gear that i know of right now but will be taking my 20+ year old hoyt fastflight again...with a new string and new/updated fiber optic sight installed. I own what happened with the archery buck last year...bad shot and terrible luck passing by him as close as i did after...but not finding him till much later. I mentioned before about going with a rage hypo for this season but think I will stick with NAP's (have never failed on me as of yet) and opt for a bit more insurance/damage via the spitfire maxx at 1 3/4" cut...instead of the 1 1/2" cut i was using.

Also, who is planning to hunt the Sundays? My family/buddies up there are undecided still.
If need be...I will likely be out on Nov 15th and Nov 29th if able. Don't hunt bear so that extra day is a non factor for me.

#26 · (Edited)
I would really like to venture out to purchase my license this week, but as I reside in Lebanon County, I'm not sure I'm allowed, nor am I sure there's any businesses still open to facilitate such a purchase....thanks tom wolf.

Maybe I'll drag my Corona ridden body across the county line and buy one.

#27 ·
The only place left to buy one here is at Walmart and I'd rather pluck my finger nails off one by one than stand in Line.I got up at 4:00am to buy ours because there were some DMAP properties that generally sell out fast.It's an easy process but I've bought my fishing license online in the past as well as a couple of tags and never received them.

#29 ·
I was online at midnight last night got my license, 2 dmap tags for me. My 8 year old son has been shooting the 17 HMR all year and becoming very accurate so I got him a mentored youth license and a dmap tag. I cant wait to see the look on his face when I hand him his first license

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.