Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else noticing the draw lengths coming in a hair long. I have an Xscape and an MX 16 here right now. Both are coming in just under 1/2 inch long on my LCA draw board. I’ve put almost 10 twists in the string and I can’t get it down. 27.5 setting and the Xscape is coming in just under 28”. I hope they’re not getting like Mathews and hoyt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
754 Posts
My escape is 1/4" longer than mod setting of 29" with limb stops at center of draw length settings. I would have removed 2 twist from cables first.

·
Registered
597 Posts
What is your let off when you move the stops to hit at your exact draw length? That’s the beauty of this cam system. You have so much you can do with them. If need be, take it down a half inch and give yourself some more let off. Or move the stops to hit your exact dl where they are and have a little less

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your let off when you move the stops to hit at your exact draw length? That’s the beauty of this cam system. You have so much you can do with them. If need be, take it down a half inch and give yourself some more let off. Or move the stops to hit your exact dl where they are and have a little less

Good ideas. I may try that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Anyone else noticing it? My new dlx shows tomorrow I will measure and get back to everyone. My xcursion 6 was perfect I wonder if it's factory strings.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I got my dlx today. It's about 80%let off set at 29in draw. Measuring almost 29.25 which is about right. Maybe .125 longer then perfect but all in all very good

·
Registered
55 Posts
On my Xcentric 6 I set my cam starting position so that the peak weight was at max poundage at both ends of the force curve. I adjusted the stops accordingly. This produced the fastest speeds. Calculating 2fps over the rated IBO. I did not have much on the string, 28.5 draw and Ibo weight arrows, so not much “calculation” going on. I was shooting 338fps 73lbs with 365 grain arrow. This is how I do it on pretty much any bow that can be tweeked on the letoff end. The strings are getting old, at the end of this season I ran it through the Chronograph. It is easily down 9fps from the fastest it has been, and can be, I think this is why so many bows don’t make IBO. Starting position plays on the force curve dramaticly, and if set at the fastest position, you get the most out of it. Then you adjust your draw length to what it needs to be. It is 9fps slower and draws about a 1/8” long right now. I am much better off starting the cam for peak speed then worrying about what the length needs adjusted to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts