Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know what everyone鈥檚 thoughts are on the overall favorites for the last couple years. Trying to get reviews on mainly compounds that could quickly convert into a target set up.
Thanks 馃檹馃徏

Hucklebuck鈥檚
The EVL 34 SE I loved the hold and could shoot it with 6鈥 front no back 12鈥 and 6鈥 or 30鈥 and 12鈥 for hunting or different classes many times I shot it better then my Supra Focus XL

I would not consider my levitate convertible to target but I can shoot it very well and 3D
yea. Since I wanted a light weight run and gun bow I sacrificed my EVL and Supra to buy it
and I have been tweaking the set up the bow is becoming one of my favorite and I would not hesitate to shoot 3D with it

Banned
All of them, none of them, the one that works for you. There is no solid answer or very personal opinions.
Finally someone said it! The responses he will get will be brand specific. What works for 1 may not work for him! I know from shooting a lot of brands and ATAs that I won鈥檛 go over a 36ATA. I prefer a 34-35 Ata. Where he may like a 37-38 ATA there are way to many variables. BH, Draw cycle, hold , weight, adjustability of dl, valley, letoff. If I were you I鈥檇 go to a shop and hold, shoot as many as possible that will give you a baseline of what to look for.

Banned
When I first entered the 3d world I was shooting my hunt rig a Pse madness xl fast enough, forgiving, worked perfect and I still use it for hunts. Won鈥檛 part with it. If your talking indoor that鈥檚 entirely different, you don鈥檛 need a speed burner, you want a smooth draw cycle, 7鈥漰lus BH, less weight 50# works remember you could end up shooting 70-90 or more in a tournament .

Reactions: dialmatt1

Banned
I have tried just about everything and I keep coming back to the 21 ventum 33. They're all so close in tech and capability these days.
I鈥檇 love to see you shoot that competitively on the line 2 min ends and stay competitive after x amount arrows as a target rig! Hahahha

Registered
Im "running" a super double Ventum 33 with all the wiz bangs!
I鈥檇 love to see you shoot that competitively on the line 2 min ends and stay competitive after x amount arrows as a target rig! Hahahha
The mass weight of the ventum is pretty terrible I will admit, to the point that I have removed everything on the bow except the limb dampeners, whisker, the lightest 5 pin sight I could assemble and the 4 arrow quiver.

Banned
The mass weight of the ventum is pretty terrible I will admit, to the point that I have removed everything on the bow except the limb dampeners, whisker, the lightest 5 pin sight I could assemble and the 4 arrow quiver.
Has nothing to do with weight! It鈥檚 more like draw cycle, hold, and forgiveness. Brace height. If you have never shot a target bow which most are set at 48-55 lbs, silky smooth draw cycle all the way to the wall no hump and dump, no 90% let off. More like 75-80 and some go lower than that. There a dream to shoot!

Registered
All of them, none of them, the one that works for you. There is no solid answer or very personal opinions.
This ^^^^^^

I dont know which question is more common to newbies.. Which bow is the best or why cant i post in the classifieds/why cant I pm

Registered
Here's my pick and coming from a ventum pro 33 which I loved. But the RX7U takes the cake in everything! And icing on the cake at 50 lbs! View attachment 7783059
Ive come really close to buying one of these in this camo that is on sale at my local pro shop. Every time I come into the shop I ask them "have you sold my bow yet" LOL. It was a really close second to my RX7u when i shot all the new bows.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This ^^^^^^

I dont know which question is more common to newbies.. Which bow is the best or why cant i post in the classifieds/why cant I pm
I love that you assume I鈥檓 a newbie to archery because my archery talk account is new.
Simply asked which bow in the last few years has been everyone鈥檚 favorite. Probably going to end up ordering a Mach 34 anyway.

Banned
I love that you assume I鈥檓 a newbie to archery because my archery talk account is new.
Simply asked which bow in the last few years has been everyone鈥檚 favorite. Probably going to end up ordering a Mach 34 anyway.
Then if your going with the 34 then what it the point of this thread? What does it mater what other opinions are! People buy what鈥檚 good for them not you! There are plenty of threads to read on any bow out today! Do the leg work and read!

Registered
I would add that if you are considering the mach 34, I would challenge you to find other bows in the same size and try those out as well. The truth is you may think you want a mach 34 but you may find another bow suits you better based on the way it feels. I was an elite shooter for 8 years but I went in and asked the shop to set up everything they had between 33 and 35 inches A2A so I could try all of them out. Hoyt was the lowest on my list as far as what I expected to like and it came down between 2 Hoyts which were the Ventum Pro 33 and the RX7U. I never thought I would buy a Hoyt, let alone a carbon riser Hoyt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts