Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 870 Posts

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm on board. 4 months until the opener. Can't wait!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,359 Posts
In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
I thought you were semi serious partway through that sentence but it was probably a good thing I wasn't having a sip of a cold beverage before I finished reading it! ;)

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
16,398 Posts
Licenses go on sale June 14th. I really have no major changes for this season. I plan to move a stand and add another one, which will give me 4 total. It will be the 2nd season for my Reckoning.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This year I'm going to be in the right tree looking the right way when that nice one comes by vs most years when I dont realize Mr. Big was just at 20 yards and now I'm watching him walk out of my life.

·
Registered
19,577 Posts
Perry (is your name Dave?) I like the Subalpine on that BT.

I’ll be shooting my Mach 1 again, love this bow. Hoping the one I hit last year is still alive and will spend some additional time in Tennessee this fall trying to get on a big one.
A764A51C-A408-4A14-ACBB-22DB32B463E7.jpeg

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
In 🙂 Just waiting for the new saddle to come monday and need to find my fids so I can splice this amsteel to make some step aiders. About time to bust a piece of this osage out and rough a bow out so it will dry faster 😊

·
Perry Hunter
2,398 Posts
Earlier every year Nicko !! Let’s go 21-22”!

I reset, cleaned up, cut branches/trees, and reorganized my 3D targets today. Looks awesome and ready for this upcoming year! Set-up cell cams for first time, etc...
I have 3-4 stands I want to set-up and get in, but will figure that out over next few weeks/months.

·
Perry Hunter
2,398 Posts
View attachment 7415206 ,Bowtech Solution SS is ready for big MT buck...My scouting is done. Just shooting and 3D fun all summer
Is that one of your plots you carried several heavy bags of seed uphill (-‘and through the woods to grandmothers house we go) to your secret, Mtn palace?

·
Perry Hunter
2,398 Posts

I’ll be shooting my Mach 1 again, love this bow. Hoping the one I hit last year is still alive and will spend some additional time in Tennessee this fall trying to get on a big one.
View attachment 7415146
His name is Dave . I’ll let him comment the rest. He is a string-building guru! Some of the best (of not the best)... I have used. Servings were immaculate.

Reactions: vonfoust

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
16,398 Posts

View attachment 7415146
Yes, my name is Dave. Subalpine is my new favorite camo.

The Mach 1 must be the real deal if you are holding onto to it. I might look for a used when this winter to try out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Managed to shoot TAC Thursday and Friday, and let me just say it was a blast!! Went up with one guy I knew and managed to meet tons of great people along the way.

I shot the Sitka course on Thursday and got soaked in the process. Shots for that were out to 120 yards. Didn’t shoot the best but only ended up breaking one arrow
Friday I shot the Nock On course and got the privilege to fling an arrow with John Dudley himself so that was pretty neat. Shots for that course weren’t nearly as far but were much more technical and obstructed.
I will for sure be going next year and really hope to meet some of you guys there.

A few pics. One being the fallow deer I dead centered at 77 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
I’m in for the year. Still at TAC and shooting Yeti today. I’m hoping to be much better than Friday. It wouldn’t take much.

I was talking to one of the PSE reps and he thinks my EVL will be here a lot sooner than September. I’m also thinking of switching from Gold Tip o Victory when I set up my new bow.

I don’t think manufacturers value these events enough. I’m considering products for my new setup I never would have been if I hadn’t seen them in person here.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
Any Trophy Ridge React Pro users out there? Likes? Dislikes? Reliability? I was looking at the react trio pro yesterday and really liking it.

1 - 20 of 870 Posts