Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Was outside working for a few hours, no way I’d hunt these conditions.
I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago. Outside knocking out a few projects, and thinking no way I'd want to be in the woods today. Another couple weeks up here till we have to worry about it anyway.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
...but the real action starts a month after that for me in November. The rut kicks in, ...
Yep. I hunt a few days, seeing if I can catch anything fresh and stupid at the beginning.

Then I get pretty casual about things until the rut kicks in and I get back out there.

It's almost like two separate seasons for me.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Me and Jake went out tonight despite heat. Opening day we have a tradition to always hunt together at our one spot. I’m 40 yds from him and never carry just go and watch. 615 we had 4 bucks come by him at about 15 yds. Perfect shot and 1 happy kid and dad
That'll definitely work. 👍

Makes for a quick season, unless you've got a pocketful of doe tags!

Pgh or Philly special regs area?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Much nicer morning to be out……..
Well, yeah, except for the placement of the day on the calendar.

I'm going to get a lot done around here though today, so that when our season opens, my honey-do list is somewhat manageable.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
The first squirrel I got had an entrance behind the front shoulder and exit out the back leg unfortunately damageing some meat 😔
Stop taking body shots.

Head shots only.

Or if you have to take body shots, broadside through the ribs only, no angling shots.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I remember buying Mepps spinners for fishing and seeing verbiage on the package that they would pay you something like a dollar to send in squirrel tails because they used the hair from the tails for spinners.
I do a lot of fly tying.

I've been known to stop and grab a fresh roadkill squirrel, especially a nice fox squirrel, every now and then, skin it out, and replenish my supplies.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
WAY cool ! 👍

I'm ready to go! I will be shooting my Sears Hawk (52" Bear Black Panther labeled for Sears) with xx75 2018 Legacys and a Grizzly Instinct 3-blade head :) Was really hoping to have a new self bow built to go along with the primate arrows and stone points I have built but just didn't happen. I do have 3 bows going right now but just too close to season at this point ;) View attachment 7470462 View attachment 7470463 View attachment 7470464 View attachment 7470465

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I generally support the PA Game Commission, but they recently graduated a class of new wardens (they are back to using that title).

I'm guessing somebody is a little overeager, fresh out of the academy.

Let us know how it plays out.

I'm also curious as to how 1500 acres relates to two cameras? 🤔

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
heck I'd be willing to be almost everyone who frequents this thread doesn't know the name or how to contact their local WCO....what's crazy about that....I have the local WCO's cell phone number ...
I have our local guy's cell number in my phone. 👍

1 - 20 of 360 Posts