Archery Talk Forum banner
4541 - 4560 of 4745 Posts

·
Perry Hunter
2,477 Posts
Some of you guys on here have way too much time and worry way too much about others. Your posts indicate that you don’t care what others think about you (or view you), but yet you are quick to throw your opinions out about others.
I am sure most don’t give a **** what you care about them, just like you don’t care what they think about you! So who gives a ****! Very quick to jump to stereotypes. Who cares! I don’t have stickers on my truck, nor feel the need to advertise trophies in past, accomplishments, etc… but that’s me and how I carry myself. Who gives two ****s if somebody else doesn’t.
And some of you, reading your posts for years here….I am very surprised by your recent comments.
Some of the negativity and elitism here anymore strikes me badly. Rant over!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
31,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,542 ·
Yeah!!!! Happy Thanksgiving you blue blood hunting elite-ists. HACK---TOO!!!!

Must be festivus and time for airing of the grievances. Not sure how feats of strength will work on line but we’ll figure that out.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
26,022 Posts
Well said Perry it’s everywhere on AT. People have issues with xbows, baiting, what now u shoot, broadheads, and bow the bottom of the barrel with stickers on trucks. This whole world is like this nowadays. Too many worry about what others do when they should look in the mirror. The my way or no way had to stop before it destroys this world more then it already is

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
31,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,544 ·
Well said Perry it’s everywhere on AT. People have issues with xbows, baiting, what now u shoot, broadheads, and bow the bottom of the barrel with stickers on trucks. This whole world is like this nowadays. Too many worry about what others do when they should look in the mirror. The my way or no way had to stop before it destroys this world more then it already is
No room for your agreeable / divisive attitudes here Scott. Take that crap over to limerick… Ha ha ha!!!!!

I see a new episode of “PA hunters unscripted” in the near future.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Side note.. went to the archery shop tonight.
Traverse is gone...
V3X 33 in Granite due in December

Merry Christmas to me!
That says a lot about the V3X 33.

·
Registered
20,010 Posts
No room for your agreeable / divisive attitudes here Scott. Take that crap over to limerick… Ha ha ha!!!!!

if you need an investigator, I’m available……
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

·
Pay It Forward
25,789 Posts
Quite frankly I too am shocked by some of the responses to this latest particular issue. Not that defending my personal position and choice is needed or anyone even cares, but I do want to make it clear, that I am about as proud a bow hunter that you’ll meet. When you walk into my office at work there’s an engraved plaque that hangs over my desk that reads, This Bowhunter Makes a Difference (some of you may recognize that slogan from the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania in the late 80s early 90s).

I don’t think that it matters if you have a doctorate degree or if you never graduated high school, Like it or not we’re judged in the society by our behaviors. I personally believe it’s the ignorant, small-minded portion of our society that uses sweeping generalities to categorize people. Some of the most ignorant folks I’ve met come from the most privileged circumstances and some of the most integral folks I know have navigated through what many would categorize impossible.

Think about this for one moment…..you’re driving down the highway and somebody cuts you off. Their vehicle has a Trump 2024 sticker in the back of their windshield or a Biden Harris bumper sticker. I’m sure even for some of the most even-keeled members of this community there’s a second or two when that driver is lumped into your personal beliefs based on those bumper stickers. What makes that feeling last and/or perhaps even alter YOUR typical behavior is really more a reflection of the content of YOUR character then it is the driver in that vehicle and the choices that driver made, from cutting you off to advertising their personal political preferences.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the point of my original post is that we are very fortunate to live in a country where we can reasonably share our personal beliefs in a public community, but to think that there are no consequences for doing so whether good or bad, intended or unintended is simply fool-hearted. Like it or not the behavior of each member of a community contributes to the perception of that entire community. I have always said that perceptions are indeed reality. If I perceive that you are a thief and I invite you and your wife over for dinner I’m not going to leave $100 bill on the counter. So as a result of my perceptions I will change my behavior I will take that money put it somewhere where it’s out of eyesight. There could be no truth to that reality but it changes my behavior.

Again, like it or not, there is a growing portion of our society, especially in suburbia, that don’t understand appreciate or even like the idea of hunters killing animals; some are even more appalled at the thought that they’re being killed with an arrow. From my perspective, it’s not necessarily a matter of personal pride as it is contributing to the good of the whole. When I look in the mirror and ask myself how can I help, it seemed a pretty easy decision not to have personal preference decals plastered all over my truck. It may sound small but there really is no measure of how much of an impact that makes And certainly not at all reflection of my pride in being a bow hunter.

This is actually one of the circumstances that helped shape my beliefs in this issue. There is a small local parcel that is literally within walking distance of my house that I affectionately referred to as the back 40. There have been tremendous deer taken from the small parcel of land. Over the years. The parcel is actually owned by a local business, and those who took the time to meet with the officers of that business or typically granted permission to bow hunt only. There were only two specifications and they were where they wanted vehicles parked and that they wanted you to leave the property as clean as you found it.

I was one of 5 folks who had permission and two of the other people had children who were coming of driving age and eventually they started to pull-up in their vehicles plastered with all sorts of hunting paraphernalia. The business started receiving pressure from the neighbors/community, these community members suddenly started taking an unhealthy interest in our activities (mind you, by this point we had been hunting this parcel for about 5-6 years with no issue). The next season we were told us that they would not allow any hunting because of the community pressure.

Yes, I realize that is an isolated incident in suburbia. However, I am not so naïve to think that those exact circumstances could not resurface at a later time. That very specific example, coupled with the fact I have no interest in being targeted in the public because of my personal beliefs are reasons why I choose not to put stickers on my vehicle.

Now with all of this said, my wife has a purple SaltLife sticker on her 2021 Titan, I’m not sure exactly what that means to her other than she likes purple and she likes the beach. So I guess if there are a few anti-Beach folks out there she has a possibility of getting targeted just because she put that sticker on her car.

Not sure if any of this makes sense or not??

·
Perry Hunter
2,477 Posts
Yeah!!!! Happy Thanksgiving you blue blood hunting elite-ists. HACK---TOO!!!!

Must be festivus and time for airing of the grievances. Not sure how feats of strength will work on line but we’ll figure that out.
Lol… the other day you asked for more ammo for your scripts….trying to help

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Going to get the bird ready and in oven, then need to go put a lifeline on my neighbors std for him for Saturday. Going to sip a little crown later, along with some Troegs Hop Cyclone while enjoying the festivities and watching some football.

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
That says a lot about the V3X 33.

I was really impressed with the balance and handling of the V3X. Smooth draw, no major dump into the valley, easy to let down. Hoping my single pin Spot Hogg works with the dovetail but probably won't. May have to mount it conventionally until they come out with a model for this bow.

The Traverse was the longest tenured bow I've kept for some time (3 seasons). I contemplated just buying a 60lb Traverse and keeping my 70. Have one set for practice and one for hunting. But wanted to play with this V3X and the switch weight mods.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

Finally getting some good reading material to get me through a couple days of work.....and I'm off until Monday. Please all, keep this **** bottled up until we start a new week of work. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
20,010 Posts
Saw 2 bucks a short while ago. A high fork horn followed by a nice 8. Both grazing across a winter wheat field. Upstate cam blowing up with does, some I’ll never see again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Waiting for Doug to send me a "selfie mirror" before I look in one. Mostly so I know what it is.

·
Perry Hunter
2,477 Posts
Billy,
I have enjoyed your posts over the years, but if my post upsets you so be it. I don’t think I was questioning any one’s character as much as I was addressing a pissing contest to an extent.
I’ll come out and say, I too don’t like cars and trucks badgered with stickers… I also laughed good about Doug’s comment on the Neon and sitting to pee. I just prefer to not call it out on here. I have enjoyed this specific thread for years and the “brotherhood” to an extent that’s been formed here. I don’t post on many other threads at all, or even look at them anymore. It’s all negative BS and a pissing content back and forth. I felt this one was heading that way and this thread has always been different.
Our large circle of friends here in my town and circle, we’re always making fun of each other and we can be pretty brutal to one another but that’s how it’s always been. If we weren’t constantly brutal, we prob don’t like you. That’s a little different to me I guess.

Joe - your post was well written. The thing that stands out the most, are the neighbors you mentioned whining and crying about the hunters. That was some of the intent of my post earlier…..why should somebody change who they are for somebody else? Those type of people will beotch and moan about everything….they aren’t happy unless they are making somebody else’s life miserable. They can do no wrong, stay in their little circles, and constantly think they’re **** don’t stink. If they’re men, they end up being the biggest pussies when called out too. Why change for somebody like that? Sure I get the no stickers made that situation easier and I get it…..but how were the stickers actually adversely affecting them? They weren’t…they were looking for something to bitch about and as long as the bitching and whining was heard…they did it more. I have a lot in the small town America I grew up in and I can’t stand those types of people. It’s gotten me into quite a few scuffles and good fights in the bars and other places in years past.
I should keep my mouth closed more than not, but it’s not who I am. Would save a lot of heartache at times, but again not me.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Reactions: huntin_addict
4541 - 4560 of 4745 Posts