Archery Talk Forum banner
621 - 640 of 869 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,359 Posts
View attachment 7434532

We're working on getting over a fear of heights so we can hunt better locations.
Nice!

I've always had a healthy respect and fear of heights. I worked on roofs for over a decade...and was always in a tree stand come the archery season...then I had a tree stand accident that set me way back.
Just started using portable stands again within the last few seasons and has been an ongoing work in progress to conquer that fear.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,359 Posts
Man we need rain here in 5B….
I'd send some your way if I could.
Just had another torrential downpour, this time with some hail in it. I think it's only rained about 15 of the last 17 days so far this month in my area.

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Finally, my 3c was awarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
If anyone was considering making a target, I have stuffing that your welcome to. It is probably enough to fill two 24x24x12 targets. It is a woven fabric tape. It works really well. I made two and have plenty left over.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Goneoutdoors - did you call the treasurer about the Non-resident tag? My brother and I had 3B tags issued today. Both say Non-resident.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Goneoutdoors - did you call the treasurer about the Non-resident tag? My brother and I had 3B tags issued today. Both say Non-resident.
I actually plan on calling tomorrow morning as I was tied up all day at work. I can update you after I call…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually plan on calling tomorrow morning as I was tied up all day at work. I can update you after I call…
So the non-resident designation is apparently the round in which the system recognizes that the tag was drawn in. Under the item description it should still say Resident Antlerless Deer. Should be all good. This new site is just a little confusing.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
25,066 Posts
My tag was awarded a few days ago, but my bank is not indicating the check was cashed???

Just thought I'd share for those who are monitoring their bank accounts as a measure of awarded tag.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My tag was awarded a few days ago, but my bank is not indicating the check was cashed???

Just thought I'd share for those who are monitoring their bank accounts as a measure of awarded tag.
I noticed the same thing. I always check my bank account for the check to clear as my indicator. This time i have the tag but no one cashed the check.

·
Ad Meliora
19,028 Posts
Think how much less stress we had before online banking and tag tracking. :rolleyes: We sent in envelope and then waited.

That said I’m solidly in favor of a Point of Sale system for tags. Raise it to $10 each to cover software upgrades. It’s 2021 not 1999….

·
25,066 Posts
Thanks to the help/advice from others earlier on this thread, we had the new 105 acres in 3A Dmapped and perhaps will look into adding the other 50 next year. We have plenty of tags now...I dare not say how many they awarded as the population police will surely add their unsolicited thoughts on the matter. Let's just say, I was surprised.

This will open the door for our family to focus on securing 2H tags, which are much harder to come by.....

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
They'll generally give you what you want as long as you can show a justification.I used to do the DMAP plan for a big private residential community.At the time we had about 3500 acres of forest enrolled and we had no problems justifying 600 tags.Like everywhere,a small percentage of people kill the largest percentage of deer and since hunters were limited to 2 dmap tags per unit,we weren't getting the kill we wanted.The next year,we split the same property into three separate units so guys could actually get 6 tags a piece.They had no issue doing it that way and always gave us what we wanted.DMAP is a very good,way under-utilized program.Last year the PGC started to allow 4 dmap tags per unit.

I doubt you'll get an 2H tags unless you sent in for the first round.They'll be gone this week.

·
25,066 Posts
If my count is right I think we have 4 2H tags already and 4 3A tags, plus the DMaps.

These are among our entire group of roughly 11 family members

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
If you send in first round,no problem.I live in 2H and I don't understand their logic.Every year I see more and more deer and less hunters.I'm also seeing some signs of overbrowsing that weren't visible 10 years ago.More deer need to be killed in 2H,at least in the southern half.

621 - 640 of 869 Posts