Archery Talk Forum banner
641 - 660 of 870 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
How much sun does your micro plot get?
I would say moderate amounts. There are some bigger trees but more like a jungle of honeysuckle bush and multi-flora rose and saplings around the plot so not complete shade like it would be in mature trees.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Great start to the plot gene!

I have a few small plots to get in ground this Saturdays and a few to mow.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
So I have went down a rabbit hole............ 😁 The external mic and some 128g sd cards should be here today/tomorrow and the arm will be here today for sure 😊 I also snagged a tactacam solo for cheap to play with and will add these to the GoPro I already had and we will see how it goes, lol!

Attachments

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
25,066 Posts
So I have went down a rabbit hole............ 😁 The external mic and some 128g sd cards should be here today/tomorrow and the arm will be here today for sure 😊 I also snagged a tactacam solo for cheap to play with and will add these to the GoPro I already had and we will see how it goes, lol!
Good luck...if I can offer any advice, start learning an editing software now...film a bunch of crap around the house and play with whatever software you are choosing. There is A LOT more to it than simply stringing together video clips and adding background music. I can't tell you the amount of raw footage that I have, some really good stuff from KS too over the years, that are still sitting on SD cards. I tired to dedicate some time this year with shed hunting and making a "video", I don't the last one was as awful as the first, but still not exactly what I envisioned.

There are tons of software out there...I settled on the AVS4YOU Suite, primarily because of what you get for the money. You can edit and blend video from several different raw formats, edit audio which is very neat, finalize the end product to a single format, which for you will be important because the GoPro, Tactacam, and G20 will likely all record in different formats. The software also allows you to do video/pic inserts on your main clip. There isn't "pre-packaged" drop-in templates like IMovie has available, but I found the flexibility this entire suite offers over IMovie to be a better investment. I am sure there may be something easier out there, but the problem I have faced in researching, is that they all take a fair amount of time to learn and understand. Once I started I was hesitant to switch around and start at the beginning of the learning curve again AND the features available with the entire AVS4YOU suite, rival that of other Software options 3x the price point. The entire suite (5 programs) is on sale in July for $60....and that is a STEAL.

You can read more about it here...

This is the last video I made during shed season, I think most may have seen it...the intro is an IMovie template, the music is shareable from YoutTube, video footage from a very inexpensive Samsung HD camera and our Iphones; the stills are from our Iphones and the Samsung. Don't laugh too much.

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Good luck...if I can offer any advice, start learning an editing software now...film a bunch of crap around the house and play with whatever software you are choosing. There is A LOT more to it than simply stringing together video clips and adding background music. I can't tell you the amount of raw footage that I have, some really good stuff from KS too over the years, that are still sitting on SD cards. I tired to dedicate some time this year with shed hunting and making a "video", I don't the last one was as awful as the first, but still not exactly what I envisioned.

There are tons of software out there...I settled on the AVS4YOU Suite, primarily because of what you get for the money. You can edit and blend video from several different raw formats, edit audio which is very neat, finalize the end product to a single format, which for you will be important because the GoPro, Tactacam, and G20 will likely all record in different formats. The software also allows you to do video/pic inserts on your main clip. There isn't "pre-packaged" drop-in templates like IMovie has available, but I found the flexibility this entire suite offers over IMovie to be a better investment. I am sure there may be something easier out there, but the problem I have faced in researching, is that they all take a fair amount of time to learn and understand. Once I started I was hesitant to switch around and start at the beginning of the learning curve again AND the features available with the entire AVS4YOU suite, rival that of other Software options 3x the price point. The entire suite (5 programs) is on sale in July for $60....and that is a STEAL.

You can read more about it here...

This is the last video I made during shed season, I think most may have seen it...the intro is an IMovie template, the music is shareable from YoutTube, video footage from a very inexpensive Samsung HD camera and our Iphones; the stills are from our Iphones and the Samsung. Don't laugh too much.

No doubt and is exactly my plan. I'm not a total noob with the editing as I've dabbled a little with all the band stuff but it will be a big learning curve for certain. With all the little projects I'm always doing I'll get some good practice in 😁

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anyone who gets awarded this week wether res or not will come up as nonresident. This is a big topic on huntpa..com,

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
I didn’t think it was possible for them to make their system worse but it appears I underestimated them.
"We're from the government. We're here to help."

• Haha
Reactions: huntin_addict

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
Anyone who gets awarded this week wether res or not will come up as nonresident. This is a big topic on huntpa..com,
If I understand correctly, it won't pose an issue and the tag is still legit even if you are a PA resident...correct?

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
No bear hunt for NJ this year.This is what happens when you allow legislators to dictate game management and this is exactly why we're so lucky in Pa to have have an independent agency.
Right. And I love how the bear lovers plan is to "let the bears starve enough that they stop having cubs". Uh huh. They've watched too many Natty Geo specials about distant islands shared by wolves and moose and nothing else. Bear in NJ are NOT going to starve. There is plenty to eat and they will find it one way or another. Having an over-sized population of an apex predator and omnivore seems like a pretty solid plan.

641 - 660 of 870 Posts