Archery Talk Forum banner
661 - 680 of 869 Posts

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
16,398 Posts
Woke up to the dog checking something out from my office window. She was watching these 2 does. My weedy, overgrown lawn has a ton of clover, so that is my "food plot".

Around 8, I had 2 decent bucks moving through the woods. Was too busy looking at them through the binos to get a photo.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Just checked website again and 3A antlerless tag has been issued by Bucks County Treasurer.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I've been sliding out of the office once a week to shoot the tenchno hunt at LAS over lunch. Anyone in the area and wants to join drop me a PM

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
All 3 seasons and my wife once for regular. It's my dream hunt along with getting my dad on a moose hunt

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
This was 2017 - PA regular season. Yes, for this forum "I cheated and used a rifle" and it was a cow tag, not one of the coveted bull tags. I can tell you from experience that the PA Elk taste far better than the Western elk. If you ever draw or even get a chance to go and be a part of the hunt activities/festivities in Bennezette around the PA elk season, it is a great experience that the entire area participates in every year.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I live on the bottom edge of the elk range and just never had a desire to apply.I have nothing against the hunt,realize that it's important and have entered my son every year in every draw since he was 12.For whatever reason,I just never cared to enter myself

Congrats on the cow.I'm an insurance agent and about every other year I have a client wack one.As repayment for a dip in my loss ratio,I usually demand some elk meat.You are correct.It's some of the best wild game out there.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
16,398 Posts
This was 2017 - PA regular season. Yes, for this forum "I cheated and used a rifle" and it was a cow tag, not one of the coveted bull tags. I can tell you from experience that the PA Elk taste far better than the Western elk. If you ever draw or even get a chance to go and be a part of the hunt activities/festivities in Bennezette around the PA elk season, it is a great experience that the entire area participates in every year.
View attachment 7436960
No need to apologize! Nice cow and congrats!

I just hope I draw before I die. My preference is with the bow, but if legal during the firearms season, I want both with me.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
So I was just shooting my brand spanking new PSE 34 EVL which I, so far, love. Suddenly, the sight pin looked like a giant, neon halo. I thought "It's almost like I don't have a verifier." It turns out . . I don't have a verifier anymore. Oddly, the aperture didn't unscrew. The lens actually came out of the aperture. That's pretty annoying. I wonder if Specialty will replace it? It isn't a new peep. We moved it from my old bow.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,373 Posts
I think I have 12 points in the regular season. I gave up applying bull only. I'll just kill whatever and move on to the next adventure, I really don't care at this point. I'd rather draw at 40 than 70

661 - 680 of 869 Posts