Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Any Trophy Ridge React Pro users out there? Likes? Dislikes? Reliability? I was looking at the react trio pro yesterday and really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shoot a react one, the older model, and really like it. If i could make any change to it i would get the trio because having the two fixed pins at 20-30 makes life easy for hunting. as long as your bow shoots the minimum FPS you will be fine with any react sight you pick.

Reactions: Mr. October

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
So sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Looks like you will be able to get more than the 3 tags, up to 6 unused at one time…maybe old news for some?

Six tags total which is a boon to guys upstate who only got three but could be a hassle for some in the special regs. You can not send in for multiple in the 2nd or 3rd round anymore, only one at a time till OTC. At OTC you can purchase 3 more but can't get anymore until you report a harvest. I think we are going to see the upstate tags go alot faster and the special regs have tags available into the season. I normally get 2 upstate and then 2 for 5c and 5d because i bounce around. I preferred just mailing in for all but now have to go stand in line at the treasurer for my last three. That annoys me a bit but luckily working from home still will help with that.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
My tag was awarded a few days ago, but my bank is not indicating the check was cashed???

Just thought I'd share for those who are monitoring their bank accounts as a measure of awarded tag.
I noticed the same thing. I always check my bank account for the check to clear as my indicator. This time i have the tag but no one cashed the check.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
are you "hmmm"ing the personal limit is 2 antlerless deer licenses? I had a bunch of my friends ask me about this the other day because they wanted to send in an envelope with three apps for the special regs areas like we did in the past. Had to tell them you can only get one per round till it goes OTC. The personal limit is 2 for this round as in you can either have one from rd 1 and apply for 1 from round 2 or if you didn't receive a tag in round one you can send in two applications for round two. Not sure if that was what you were questioning and hope i am not repeating something you already know but it was something i had to help a few friends with.

Reactions: twolippoplar

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I was sharing because a few guys didn't have a clue, one got a 3A tag and still sent for 3 5C tags in the same envelop...when I tried to tell him he likely won't get any, he took on his typical holier than thou persona .... I actually called the CC courthouse and spoke to a processor in the treasury department....if you don't follow the rules specifically, you won't get any...so the guy I was speaking with will have his pink envelop returned; whenever that happens. I did ask if someone sent in too many apps, but had a separate check for each one, would the app be processed and she said no.

I suggested that he simply send another one with one application in it....there use to be a time when CC never ran out...that is not the case these days...will be interesting how this new system impacts folks. I was talking with my cousin this morning and we both know a few guys who kill piles of deer each year in Downingtown area, I mean like 7-8 doe and a buck each....I am not sure they will be able to do that, simply because tags may be sold out before they can kill, report, and request a subsequent tag....when I said to my cousin, he offered, "those type of guys will do it regardless of tags", which, unfortunately, he's probably right....
yeah that was the case with my friends, they sent in three apps and then asked me if they still could. I told them the same as you, just send a single and wait for the other to be returned. I am curious what OTC will be like this year because i will be getting most of my local tags that way. This year, I did two upstate and will use the 3rd round for my first 5c tag and then get one more and 2 5d tags otc. Last year i killed four doe, which my family of four have already eaten most of.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
My apologies if this has already been discussed and I’m being redundant. But does this mean that we don’t have to wait for the second unsold round to begin to apply for a second tag in one of the special reg areas? Based on what I’m reading here, it sounds like you can send in for two tags during the first unsold round in special regulation units. Hard to keep up as it seems they keep changing things even as license sales are taking place.

View attachment 7443090
You can only apply for two if you didn't get a tag in the first round.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i hate it, and the fact they are forcing people who would never go to the treasurer office for OTC to go....9/13 is going to be a zoo to get tags. Wish they would let you apply for 3 per envelope again for special regs even with the limit of six tags till you fill them. I find it hard with work and two kids under 3 to get to the treasurer....

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
They really have made a bad process even worse....didn't think that was possible.
my wife was asking me why i was putting doe tag reminders in the calendar since i already sent in for them. I then explained the whole process to her and she just kind of looked at me shook her head and said "thats another reason why i wont hunt with you....that sounds dumb".

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Just to confirm Joe, the GardePro is not a cell cam like the Reveal correct? I was reading up on it and didn't see any mention of data plans or anything that would indicate that it was more than a standard camera. I am not well versed on trail cams, run two Wildgames on public because if someone steals them i wont cry but would like to up my Trail Cam game a bit if i can.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
finally dried out my flooded basement, hot water heater blew and got that fix, now i need to figure out what to do with the sinkhole forming in the back of my yard....Ida you suck...... the pickering creek dam by my house was set to burst the night of the storm, they set an evacuation order but pulled it in the am as the dam held but it was a sketchy couple of hours.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
went and stood in line today for my last doe tags......worst idea ever.....3.5 hours of roasting in the sun. You would of thought it would go quickly but everybody was buying for their friends, brothers, etc. It was a bit rough

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I am sitting in the 500gr range for my arrows as well, wanted something that would cover all aspects of what i would hunt and ....well i like to fiddle with my gear....

Reactions: Gene94

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
1 3C, 1 3B, 2 5C and 2 5D for me. Will try to get upstate for ML (Doe and Bear) and then for rifle and then i have spots in both 5C and 5D and want tags for which ever spot turns out to be the hot one this year.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts