Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Managed to shoot TAC Thursday and Friday, and let me just say it was a blast!! Went up with one guy I knew and managed to meet tons of great people along the way.

I shot the Sitka course on Thursday and got soaked in the process. Shots for that were out to 120 yards. Didn’t shoot the best but only ended up breaking one arrow
Friday I shot the Nock On course and got the privilege to fling an arrow with John Dudley himself so that was pretty neat. Shots for that course weren’t nearly as far but were much more technical and obstructed.
I will for sure be going next year and really hope to meet some of you guys there.

A few pics. One being the fallow deer I dead centered at 77 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
My group is looking at renting a cabin and shooting all the courses next year. I consider myself in pretty good physical shape and the nock on and Sitka courses were both pretty tiresome especially in the heat.

I’d also recommend to really make sure your gear is shooting good because the shots go out to at least 120 yards, and that was only the nock on and Sitka. I know the prime is supposed to be farther.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
That is absolutely terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Just know your son performed the most selfless act a human can.

Not sure where you’re located but if you or your family need ANYTHING, Feel free to message me!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'll let you know. Orders are months behind. Lancaster says it probably won't arrive before September.
Wait is that really how long the wait is from Lancaster? My bow shop just became a PSE dealer within the last month or so and on June 16th I said to them how I’d love to try an EVL 34 in black with 80lb limbs, and to top it off I’m also a lefty…

They messaged me on Monday and said it was here already.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You probably aren’t left handed. PSE is supposed to be doing a run of lefty risers in July. Hopefully I’ll get one of them.

Funny thing is I am a lefty! They got mine in and a 70 pound camo lefty in on the same day. It was still hanging on the rack yesterday when I got mine

·
Registered
578 Posts
My dad went out yesterday to the ground that we started leasing this year in Ohio and hung a few of my Reveal cameras. This is the first buck I’ve got pictures of. No giant but he at least shows promise.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So I have a couple cell cams now. I know some others on here have them too. How many pictures do you keep on your phone? Do you download any and keep them or just delete?
I save a few here and there. Either something I think is “nice”, or a cool picture of anything I see. I always just save them to my phone and delete them off of the tactacam app.

Example: my target buck I just got a picture of yesterday

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey guys figured I’d ask here before trying to list it anywhere. Are any of my fellow PA guys interested in a lightly used JX3 Hybrid? It’s a Gen 1 with tether and lineman’s rope. Just switching my setup

·
Registered
578 Posts
Finally had a day to play with the 80lb EVL and I must say this thing just plain shoots.
A few weeks ago I had some time to shoot it through paper and just get familiar with the bow. Today I got my 20 and then stepped back and found a 40. Immediately after I threw an Iron Will on and this is what I got.

Everything just holds well with this, and even when I don’t feel like it’s a perfect shot it just seems to find its way. The EVL 34 is really giving my Reckoning a run for its money.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thanks, message sent
These numbers may not be exact(I used AAE max stealth as fletching and wraps, as well as guessing you’re using 100 grain inserts,so that could change your numbers a touch.) looks like you’re definitely weak on the spine. The first picture is the numbers I’m getting on your current setup. The second picture is if you would cut your arrows down to a 29” C to C length (which is what I’d do). If you have access to a saw you could try cutting down the arrows 1/2” at a time to slowly stiffen the spine to see how your bow reacts to it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Anyone here shooting the pse evl? Thoughts? I'm shooting the Nexus 6 and not in love with it. Thinking after the pse release one could be had at a good price. Last night was the first sit with no action.
I have an EVL 34. I really like the way the bow holds on target, it almost seems to shoot itself. I also shoot a Bowtech reckoning

·
Registered
578 Posts
I’ve been blessed my entire life to have hundreds of acres of family ground to hunt and fortunately still do. This year though I put some time in on a piece of public that I’ve never messed with other than during spring Turkey season.
My dad warned me that it used to get a ton of pressure during rifle season, when I pulled in late today at 545 I was expecting there to be multiple vehicles. Turns out I was the only person there.

Quite sad to see honestly. At the ripe age of 30 even I can remember a time 15-20 years ago when multiple old timers would show up at my paps farm to hunt and all of my uncles would be there. This time of the year was truthfully better than Christmas, and now all the old timers have passed away and only 2-3 uncles hunt.

Just things you think about while sipping thermos coffee I suppose

·
Registered
578 Posts
Figured I’d ask here first, is anyone looking to purchase a lone wolf assault II and 4 lone wolf sticks? Sticks have stealth strips and all sticks have double steps on top. Stand also has stealth strips, paracord wrapped, lumbar pad and shoulder straps and hunt comfort seat, Looking to sell face to face so I don’t have to try and ship

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey guys! I figured I’d give you guys an update because I haven’t posted on here in a little while.

I sold my reckoning about 2 months ago because I had shot the rx7 ultra. Ended up ordering a wilderness lefty with 80lb limbs. My shop told me roughly 8 weeks but I was in no rush.

I have never owned a hoyt and quite frankly never liked them. I’ve always owned Bowtech and currently have a PSE EVL 80lb from last summer.
After shooting a right handed ultra at my local pro shop I knew this thing was special.

Fast forward to today one of the techs messaged me and told me mine arrived! Much faster than I expected as today is 5 weeks to the day. I went after work to pick it up and had them just throw a D loop and whisker biscuit on so I could shoot a few arrows.
First initial reaction is this bow is everything I could want!! Quiet and INCREDIBLY easy drawing. this 80lb feels like a 70lb bow at my specs (30.5” draw)

I had all the parts and a set of strings already waiting for it. I threw the new string and cables on and snapped a quick picture before trying to install the new epsilon. Turns out my epsilon seems to be missing a piece so won’t be able to mount it until I get that (hopefully Lancaster will be able to help me in the morning as it came from them)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts