Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

295433 9120
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
Can’t wIt until October! I picked up a No Cam HTR, and I am in the process of setting it up. I’m enjoying the process of prepping for archery season!! I just picked up a QAD sight, new quiver, new stabilizer bar, and ordered a new HHA Tetra Tournament single pin sight. Can’t wait until it arrives!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
Put in another good work day yesterday, planted several micro plots, mowed clover, moved a few cams, and did tree removal work for the land owner on some ash and hickory he wanted down. Everything worked up great but 1 plot that had an area too muddy to turn over the ground.

Got the mount home and hung on the wall

**Pics aren't uploading right now so I'll have to dump a few pics from the weekend later

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Sounds like a great and productive day! Just curious because I also have a spot that’s too wet to do anything with. Is there something to plant that strives in wet conditions that will attract deer? I’d like to plant something in this wet/marshy spot on my property but I do t wonow where to start

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
I was on vacation for a week with my family in NJ. The entire time I was dreaming about scouting, hanging stands and cameras and working on my food plot. Yesterday I hung a ladder stand on my property over my food plot, hung a camera and spread some more clover on the plot where the vegetation was lacking. I also did quite a bit of archery shooting as well It was a productive and rewarding day! So glad to be home. God is good!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
Nothing surprises me anymore Dave ☹
Yeah, it’s getting ridiculous! I was warned a few months back for replying to an already controversial subject. All I did was provide a biblical perspective to a controversial subject and Mods warned me! Very frustrating that the liberal agenda can generally be posted with no consequence, but a Christian can’t state his position. I expect it on Facebook but not on AT . Country is going down hill fast. Hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this. Lol

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
I set up like 10 guide gear ladders this year as the owner of the one property I hunt decided he didn't want to hunt hang ons any more so I replaced all his old stands with ladders for him. Was very happy with assembly, weight, full size platform, flip up mesh seat and backrest, adjustable shooting rail all for a "cheap stand" I was real happy but I don't have any seat time in them obviously, I hung all 10 in a single day, that's something I wouldn't recommend.

Wow Taunto you are a beast to do 10 of those in a day! Lol. My family also enjoys these stands, and I plan to pick a new one up pretty soon.

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
They were all prior assembled, I strapped the stand to the back rack of an ATV and put the bottom of the ladder in a jet sled and towed them around fully assembled to their hanging location. So really it was just pick tree, trim, stand up, strap down, finish trimming.. and repeat

Sounds like a good way to hang em!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
I finally got the itch to do my scouting and tree stand hanging. Got a few cams out this weekend and have a new stand hung in an apple orchard. Apples galore, and deer sign also!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
Just picked up another Bushnell trail camera at a local business. I’ll set it up and put it in the woods this weekend. Can’t wait to get some good buck on camera!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
My deer burger with cheese and fresh tomato ..is unreal..(y)
And you don’t have to deal with thousands of people! I’m with you, stay home and make your own and ya don’t have to be elbow to elbow with strangers. I’ll be making a batch of venison burgers for a family gathering tomorrow

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
What are all my PA friends up to this weekend? I’ll be working on some firewood starting 9:00 am. Looks like a beautiful morning for it. Hope I can rally some help from the wife and kids to stack while I split! Later on I’ll be checking my cameras to see if there are any shooters in my hunting area. Should be a good weekend! God bless, have fun, and be safe!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
I like my heavy arrows i think it is worth trading speed for penitration
Yeah I added 125 grains FOC and my arrows are somewhere between 525 and 550 I think. Haven’t weighed them yet. But, I killed a pile of deer with much lighter arrows in the past. A couple seasons ago I had some bad experiences with penetration with my light setup and mechanical heads which is why I added weight and now use COC fixed blade(150 grains) . Nothing wrong with lighter setups, as long as shot placements is precise!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,852 Posts
Anyone use the Q-Safe product? In theory it seems like a good idea since otherwise the safety line always falls into the climbing apparatus . . especially when descending.

Q-Safe
I have been using it for a few years whenever I use my climber tree stand. I use it in combination with a safety vest and I really feel safe in the tree! Great product!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts