Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Freelands course is closed if anyone was going to go there. I went yesterday morning and dropped my $10 in the box only to see a sign that said course closed. I walked it and all the targets are gone. When I got back to the parking lot there was a guy going to shoot the bags and he said they've been having bear problems.

·
Registered
508 Posts
We just had a bear walk through our woods a few minutes ago. I missed it but my wife saw it. I've seen 3 so far this year. Most years I'll see around 20 or so. I do drives with a group of about 10 guys and if they see 2 or 3 between all of them the whole year that's a lot. I would put money on it that if an 80lb bear ran out it would get shot and the shooter would tell everyone how it was at least 200 lbs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
2 years ago a buddy of mine was hunting co-op property and killed a 120" buck. A couple guys told a landowner that my buddy killed the buck on the land owner's property. He called the PGC about my buddy trespassing. The PGC called my buddy and he told them where he shot the buck and where the gutpile was. It turned out that my friend never called to ask for permission to hunt on the co-op property and while he hadn't trespassed on the guy who called the PGC, the PGC still charged him with trespass on the co-op.

I would call the cops if I saw someone hunting my property, but the PGC can enforce trespass issues.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So they didn't catch him, but they still fined him? I haven't heard that one before...I know both LEOs and WCOs are very particular with regard to citing for tresspass. I have literally stood between a munucipal police officer and an PAGC Warden showing them trail camera pictures of the neighbor clearling tresspassing on the on the property, in full camo, carrying a long gun during archery only season and niether did anything about it except warn the neighbor. I was a bit miffed about that and that is when I was told the need to catch the tresspasser in order to cite/fine....that's when I decided I was calling 911 from them on when someone is tresspassing. With that said, I know that ciminals can be prosecuted based video and still photos as we had a break-in at our buisness and it was the footage that led to the arrest of the of the criminal. Not sure if it is too much of a hassle or what, but again, I don't think simply adding more to the mix as far as PAGC personnel is concerned would fix that problem. I could be wrong.
Yes. There are different types and levels of trespass. Trespassing while on your way to rob a place is different than walking your dog across a random field. He was cited for almost the lowest level of trespass. Its kind of like a speeding ticket where after a few years it doesn't matter, and he didnt lose any hunting privileges or have to give up the deer. More or less was an expensive way to learn that while co-op land is open, you still have to get in touch with the land owner first.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So I logged into my account and can see I have an altered tag, spring and fall turkey tag, and a bear tag. I guess that is where you would see if an antlerless tag was awarded? Anyone know if there is a link I should be opening up?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. (I miss the ability to search a thread.) What is everyone seeing for acorns so far? We have none in the oaks around our development and, unfortunately, that usually matches up well with the oaks in the Poconos.
Walked the road and pipeline on 119 this AM and the only place with any consistent acorns was along the pipeline at higher elevations. I didn't go in the woods so not sure where in there it will be good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Got a new entrance cut to a stand I've been using for a few years and placed a cam. I've ran cams there for years and get great deer movement but rarely see deer. This is my 3rd tweek to how I access this stand in about 4 years. Hopefully I am closer to getting it right.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts