Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
Omg Im so sorry
HE IS A HERO...Brave praying for your family..It hurts me bad too hear this...

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
For Father’s Day, I decided to treat myself to about eight bee stings… Went to the rod and gun club and got the bow dialed in really well at 50 yards shooting nice tight groups. I Should’ve quit there but decided to go to the elevated platform and fling a few from there. Stepped off the last step and onto the top landing and the bees came after me. Felt at least one or two stings on the leg and they were swarming around me. I’m sure I look like a spazz dancing around swatting and flailing but I scrambled down the steps to get free of their swarming and dropped one of my arrows on the top platform in the process. Collected my marbles and saw the nest was being built on the underside of the very top step. Decided foolishly I’m going back for my arrow (we are talking $15 here). Ran up there not remembering exactly what part of platform it was on spun around a couple times, saw the arrow, and the bees were all over me again. Got away with about eight stings at least… One on the back of the head, one on the thumb, one on the back of the arm, and everything else below the knees. But I retrieved my arrow. :)

Pete, not sure if your membership has gone through at Daniel Boone yet but if you do go, don’t go up and shoot on that platform unless you know the nest has been taken care of. I sent a message to the gun club on their Facebook page so they’re aware of it.

I am fortunate to have no allergies so aside from some itchy stings and minor swelling, I’m perfectly fine. But somebody who is allergic may not be so lucky.

I know the saying “with age comes wisdom” but I must’ve been absent from class that day. If you’re gonna be stupid, you better be tough.

I’m typically good for one archery/hunting related bonehead move per year. I’m hoping I’ve gotten it out of the way.
Glad your ok....That happened too me up MT. Stepped on them....I was rolling and getting sting...Sat too catch my breath...Felt something crawling on my neck..BAM sting again...like you..Years ago

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I may be starting out the season with my crossbow. I'm having an awful time with my new bow setup and trying to get some combination of progressive lenses, peeps, and sights figured out. It's been an increasingly worse problem over the last couple years and not getting better. I've spent more money on verifiers and sights trying to reach a solution but, short of Lasik I haven't really found one yet. I can either see my pins clearly or the target. Not both. It is very frustrating.
I hope you get it striated out...,,what ever works till you laser deal..I'm getting it done sooner than later..

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
A big chunk in Delco got closed when the landowner found a dead 10-point with his antlers tangled in chains that some idiot set up as antler trap.

To be honest, it’s not too hard to understand why it’s so hard to find some private ground around here.
Totally agree,growing up.I had best land in NJ.{all private}....No bragging..a fact..I started mid 70"s thru early 2000"s. 100 plus with bow.I would share with friends that was a mistake...Too long of read too post...But that is why I dont share ever where I hunt...I will always tell a different area then I actually hunt too this day..SOLO PERIOD

1 - 20 of 73 Posts