Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'm from 3A and now live in Ohio. I've never had a problem getting a non resident antlerlless tag for 3A. I just make sure I send it in the mail, the Friday before they accept them. They don't usually sell out until the first unsold round which means when both residents and non residents can buy a 2nd tag.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
How long is it taking everyone who bought their license online , for you to receive it? In the past I've always gotten it in a few days. This Thursday will be 2 weeks. Just hoping there is no issue.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My license finally arrived. What County Treasurer does everyone send their doe tag application to?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I grew up sending it to Tioga County and they are super slow. i then lived in Beaver County and they aren't much better. Last year I sent to Montgomery County and got my tag quite a bit faster.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Just checked website again and 3A antlerless tag has been issued by Bucks County Treasurer.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I grew up in Tioga County Pennsylvania, then lived in Beaver County for 7 years, but now live in eastern Ohio, about 30 miles from the PA border. I sent first round application for 3A for non residents to Bucks County, because my brother said how he gets his back quickly. That tag arrived yesterday. Last Thursday evening I dropped 2nd round in drop box at local post office and sent to Beaver County and put 3A as my first choice and 2A as second choice. I kept checking online yesterday and with less than 700 tags left at the time I got awarded a 2nd 3A tag. I would have been fine either way, since I still hunt beaver county quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Shot a doe in Ohio tonight. I'll be hunting PA opener in 2A in the morning. Don't have a doe tag for there, so buck only for me. I will be hunting 3A next week with my dad and have 2 doe tags for there, so might take one.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Beautiful morning in 2A. Can't hunt long. Need to get back to Ohio and get the doe I shot last night, to the processor by noon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Leaving Eastern Ohio tomorrow around 4 pm to head back to where I grew up in Tioga County. I'll be hunting my parents and uncles properties in 3A, with my dad Wednesday through Saturday. My dad is 80 years old and still getting out there, so I'm going to cherish every opportunity I have to hunt with him. He has 1 3A doe tag and I have 2. Shot a doe in Ohio Friday night, so not sure if I'll take a doe this trip. Just looking forward to time away from work and enjoying the great outdoors with my dad. Would be great if he could get a shot at a nice buck.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Decided with the warm temps to just grab my climber and walk behind my parents, where there are a bunch of acorns. Got set up at 4:15 PM and shot her at 4:40 PM. Shot was marginal and blood was spotty so backed out until 6:30. A buddy I grew up with came down and we followed the blood 175 yards through the nastiest briars and found her. Last day at my parents before I head back to Ohio tomorrow. Dad and I are both on my uncle's property this morning. Both have doe tags, but only interested in bucks. Fyi yes tag is in her right ear and she is checked in.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
What time is everyone getting in the stand this afternoon? I'm thinking between 3:30 and 4.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Decided to drive into Pennsylvania this morning and hunt 2A. I haven't been hunting PA much. On my walk into my stand I came across a fairly heavy blood trail, where it was obvious someone hit one and probably killed it. I got rained on pretty good this morning and as I suspected the blood washed away by the time I walked out. As I walked out the main path I looked over and saw this 5 feet off the path. Just annoys me how people first make such a poor shot , but moreso how they obviously didn't do a good job tacking. It was right next to the path, in open hardwoods. Not sure how they didn't find it.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: Pyme

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I thought about it, but by the smell of her I'm not sure the meat would still be good. It was fairly mild last night. I did get pics, on my trailcam, of 2 guys with headlamps obviously looking for her. Just don't know how they didn't find her, with where she was laying and the amount of blood on the ground. I guess it happens. Just don't like to see any deer go to waste.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Shot my Ohio buck last evening. I'm off work until the 15th. Going to hunt 2A tomorrow morning and then pack my truck tomorrow evening and head to my parents on Thursday in Tioga County to hunt with my dad through the 13th. My goal is to get my dad a shot on a nice buck. With a doe and a buck down in Ohio and a doe kilked in Pennsylvania, a buck in PA would just be a bonus at this point. Just going to enjoy the time with my parents .

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Got all settled in Allegheny County section of 2A this morning. Cool and calm. Didn't see or hear any deer on my way in. Hopefully they are moving. Going to try and be very selective with what I shoot.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I've lost a few deer over the years and it sucks. I hate the feeling. That being said I never blame my equipment. Native Americans killed lots of deer with much lesser technology. If you make a good shot, all modern arrows and broadheads will kill a deer. People make poor shots and want to blame their equipment, instead of admiting their mistake. That being said, there is absolutely no reason to shoot a mechanical over a fixed blade and a lot of reasons not to shoot them. If your bow is tuned, a fixed blade broadhead will fly the same as a field point and offer far superior penetration.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Just got these pics sent to me from my parents property in Tioga County. Sow and her 3 cubs . Heading up there later today to hunt through the 13th.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts