Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I walked into the courthouse half hour ago and rounded out my stash of venison coupons 2- 4B and 4- 5A total. Still waiting on my second round unsold 5A tag to show up though...not worried about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I got 3 tags for 1A and I thought I had a lot

Holy balls you got 6 doe

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I like messing around too

This year I'm shooting Magnus stingers but after I get a deer or 2 with them I'm going to try some big fixed blades like the slick trick grizztrick 2.

I was also thinking of having a super light arrow with a heavy 2 blade head for a crazy high foc

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I know this is an archery forum but have any of you tried these rounds for squirrel ever
Amber Font Publication Rectangle Darkness
I tried them today and it is like turning your 22 lr into a 22 mag

I got 2 squirrels this morning with them and we're really impressed by the damage ( didn't take a picture of the 2nd squirrel because the same thing happened to it.)
Fawn Asphalt Tail Snout Scaled reptile

Snout Font Fur Paw Soil

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I remember buying Mepps spinners for fishing and seeing verbiage on the package that they would pay you something like a dollar to send in squirrel tails because they used the hair from the tails for spinners.
I like to tie flies and spinners with the tails.

I will also sometimes use racoons tails

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Stop taking body shots.

Head shots only.

Or if you have to take body shots, broadside through the ribs only, no angling shots.
I use to take head shots only but one time I hit one in the nose ( just skimmed it ) and It didn't die

I sadly got pictures of it on my trail camera with a badly infected face for about a week than they stopped

I felt really bad and to avoid it from happening again I go only body shots ( unless I'm extremely confident in the shot )

1 - 20 of 349 Posts