Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

297642 Views 9120 Replies 170 Participants Last post by  nicko
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
201 - 220 of 9121 Posts

· Pay It Forward
27,189 Posts
Is is spelled out somewhere on the PAGC website? DO you know if there is any differences for non-resident landowners.

· Registered
6,653 Posts
Applications have to be post marked for 7-1-21 this year.It used to be 5-1 so there's still time.
It doesn't matter if you're a non-resident land owner.If you own it,you can DMAP it.Many Timer companies are located outside of Pa but still DMAP their land in Pa.
EZYSHOT,yOU AUTOMATICALLY GET 1 DMAP TAG FOR EVERY 50 ACRES OF TIMBER.In your case,just submit a plan saying that not enough doe are being killed in that area and submit a semi-detailed reason as to why you can't get regeneration or the biodiversity is suffering.You'd most likely get one.I have a little over 20 acres,about 10 of which is actually agriculture.I automatically get 2 for my kids but when I first started to DMAP it,I'd ask for 4 to give to the neighbor kids.They never used them so I just kept getting two.I'd submit a more detailed plan and one time the biologist actually called me to ask why I was asking for more than I would be automatically allotted.It's a simple process.

· Registered
4,222 Posts
Applications have to be post marked for 7-1-21 this year.It used to be 5-1 so there's still time.
It doesn't matter if you're a non-resident land owner.If you own it,you can DMAP it.Many Timer companies are located outside of Pa but still DMAP their land in Pa.
EZYSHOT,yOU AUTOMATICALLY GET 1 DMAP TAG FOR EVERY 50 ACRES OF TIMBER.In your case,just submit a plan saying that not enough doe are being killed in that area and submit a semi-detailed reason as to why you can't get regeneration or the biodiversity is suffering.You'd most likely get one.I have a little over 20 acres,about 10 of which is actually agriculture.I automatically get 2 for my kids but when I first started to DMAP it,I'd ask for 4 to give to the neighbor kids.They never used them so I just kept getting two.I'd submit a more detailed plan and one time the biologist actually called me to ask why I was asking for more than I would be automatically allotted.It's a simple process.
Got it printed. Thanks! This will solve an issue that I know I'm going to run in to when the kid I'm taking hunting says "My parents didn't tell me to apply for a doe license."

· Registered
6,653 Posts
There's no cost to enroll/
I don't see a cost associated, am I missing something?
There's no cost to enroll.After they approve the App,they'll send you coupons that you can take to any license agent to redeem.The tags are $10.You used to be able to get two per person for each DMAP unit.Last year they increased it to 4.

· Pay It Forward
27,189 Posts
We’re still going as he got his tag, maybe I’ll be camera man or duck hunter extraordinaire….look forward to catching up with that crew too much not to make the trip. At least that’s the plan at this point

Reactions: vonfoust

· Pay It Forward
27,189 Posts
Bummer Joe. [emoji24]

Didn’t realize KS was a draw?
Yep and as the story goes…so many put in for preference points last year because of The Rona instead of traveling, almost 8k non-residents were turned away. That is the most ever on record….

We usually apply as a group, but because I was buying multiple tags for myself this year, the group app got jumbled. Who knows how it would shaped-up otherwise.

· Perry Hunter
2,668 Posts
We’re still going as he got his tag, maybe I’ll be camera man or duck hunter extraordinaire….look forward to catching up with that crew too much not to make the trip. At least that’s the plan at this point
That’s a bummer Joe! How many years have you and Bruce been going out on that hunt?

· Perry Hunter
2,668 Posts
Ordered my license and a couple DMAP’s online the day you were able to and still no licenses in hand.
I received one of my DMAP’s on Monday, however the 2nd DMAP I received was for a totally different gentleman a few towns over. I had to call PGC and mail that tag back to them. Was told the rest of my license and tags should be received together very soon [emoji2369]

· Registered
8,466 Posts
Trusting usps right now is a gamble at best.
True, After the PGC or whoever they contracted with gaffe the one year I did do it online I just take the little time it takes to go and buy in person. Now with the USPS less than steller service its even more reason to get it in person.

201 - 220 of 9121 Posts