Archery Talk Forum banner
2901 - 2920 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
26,998 Posts
Thanks guys. Yea Kyle u know what I’m talking about. I’m thinking maybe some of those school road deer moved over here. This is biggest I’ve seen but have a wide 8 too here. I know Landis last year shot a ton not sure if u could hear it or not at your place

·
Registered
603 Posts
Little update from my part of the state, south of Punxsutawney. This morning has veen a lot better than yesterday. Yesterday my brother saw 1 small 4 pt in the morning and 4 deer in the evening, doe, spike, decent buck he just barely saw at last light and a small 4 ( believes it was the same as the morning). I saw nothing yesterday until i walked out to iur field at last light to see 4 does.

Today we have seen 5 does each and my brother saw 2 spikes. Only chasing so far was the spike after the doe last evening.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question about OnX or similar apps. If I get the PA maps can I look up SGL's on the app and cyber scout with arial maps? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've never played around with any of those apps. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Been out for pheasants three times this week with the pup so no deer hunting since Saturday.

Wind isn’t optimal for my best spots so trying a bit different of a hunt and just climbed a tree and settled in about 30 minutes ago. Very comfortable out right now, a little breezy but a nice evening so far to spend in a tree.

I figure I have tonight and tomorrow morning to hunt before the heavy rain moves in so I am going to make the most of it.

I have off the next two weeks for deer but I imagine that my pup will be filling in some of that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question about OnX or similar apps. If I get the PA maps can I look up SGL's on the app and cyber scout with arial maps? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've never played around with any of those apps. Thanks!
Yes you can. It will show you all the SGLs, the surrounding private and generally where you can access it. Its a great tool to have in your pocket.

Reactions: superslamsam

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
5,292 Posts
So tonite I'm "that" jerk on public. I just walked into a spot I had hunted last evening. I one stick up and am getting all situated in my saddle. Suddenly some guy 45 yards to my left says "Right here", puts his hand up, then gets up and leaves. The guy literally let me pee 40 yards from him and then walk by him and never said a word. He was set up behind a big root mass from a blow down so I never saw him. So, if you happen to read this, I'm sorry man. I would've come right back down and got gone had I known / saw you there. Hope I run into him so he can chew me out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
So tonite I'm "that" jerk on public. I just walked into a spot I had hunted last evening. I one stick up and am getting all situated in my saddle. Suddenly some guy 45 yards to my left says "Right here", puts his hand up, then gets up and leaves. The guy literally let me pee 40 yards from him and then walk by him and never said a word. He was set up behind a big root mass from a blow down so I never saw him. So, if you happen to read this, I'm sorry man. I would've come right back down and got gone had I known / saw you there. Hope I run into him so he can chew me out.
That's stinks but is kinda funny. I've walked basically right under a guy in a saddle on public. I didn't see him till I was taking a breather about 50 yards past him. He just waved. Hopefully I at least moved some deer for him.

2901 - 2920 of 9121 Posts