Archery Talk Forum banner
2941 - 2960 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
12,187 Posts
Looks like another great Saturday for PA Saturday only weekend hunting
Yes. Another great Saturday to stay home and do some chores around the house. I'm very thankful to have NJ on Sunday. I've always had really good luck on Halloween.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I honestly have never needed deer meat enough to orphan a fawn. Call me "old softie" but I've seen too many of those little ones running aimlessly around the woods and getting run over due to the neighbors shooting every deer that walks by.
I disagree. An "orphaned" fawn won't be alone for long. they will fall in with another heard in short order. I've called does in with fawn distress calls when she already had 2 on her tail. I'd guess if you saw a fawn wandering there was probably a momma around somewhere.

True, fawns take a heck of a hit on the roads, but I don't think it's due to no mother.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,950 ·
Decided not to go out this morning with 10 to 20 mile an hour east winds. Looking like rain is going to stop tomorrow around 1 PM.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Will be down in MD this weekend for my neices birthday and will be taking the mornings to hunt. Looks like a little wet in the am tomorrow and a possible thunderstorm before sunrise but will be nice on sunday morning. Then off on tuesday next week and then the following week for the rutcation. The last couple days driving around home i have seen lots of deer moving and seen some nice bucks on local private walking a solid hour before sunset and working scraps on feild edges. Looks like next week is going to be a good time to get out.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Can't believe how many fair conditions hunters there are. I'll be out tonight and all day tomorrow. Rain gear makes a hell of a difference
if this is in reference to my post, i will be hunting the rain unless there are thunderstorms. Not scared of the rain but not an idiot to sit in lightening with a metal bow. Glad your that tough but i like going home to my family.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
if this is in reference to my post, i will be hunting the rain unless there are thunderstorms. Not scared of the rain but not an idiot to sit in lightening with a metal bow. Glad your that tough but i like going home to my family.
No it wasn't. Absolutely agree won't find me in a thunderstorm. Without rain there are some locations I simply find unhuntable because of the noise getting in there

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
No it wasn't. Absolutely agree won't find me in a thunderstorm. Without rain there are some locations I simply find unhuntable because of the noise getting in there
agree, i actually prefer hunting variable rain days because deer love to move in the breaks. Just shorten my shots to 20yds or closer because i want to make sure it drops insight. I remember hunting turkeys a couple years ago i got stuck in a thunderstorm. Walked out to a field edge in the dark and rain and heard thunder in the distance. Didn't have time to make it back to camp in time so i dove into an old hunting blind. For the next 15 minutes i had winds and thunder shaking that shack while i said every little prayer i could to get me through it with out getting hit. Finally it passed and day light starts to peak over the horizon. 5 minutes later i start hearing tree yelps and gobbles and the entire flock of turkeys pitches down infront of me and i bag nice gobbler 5 mins later. One of the scariest hunting experiences but came with a nice reward after surviving haha.

2941 - 2960 of 9121 Posts