Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Aspade, looks like a blast! Have to try it next year.
MrO- hearing a lot of good things on the EVl’s, which model did you order? The evolve cams are awesome.
I switched to Black Eagle shafts, experimenting with 2 different weights of the same arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Aspade, looks like a blast! Have to try it next year.
MrO- hearing a lot of good things on the EVl’s, which model did you order? The evolve cams are awesome.
I switched to Black Eagle shafts, experimenting with 2 different weights of the same arrow.

The 34”

Reactions: Mathias

·
Perry Hunter
2,647 Posts
Saw my first fawn of the year yesterday. Looked like it was day or maybe two tops. Stumbling around, laying down, etc....still getting its legs.
They are cutting big field for hay as we speak so I hope they go unscathed. Each year it seems one gets it unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Shot Sitka course at TAC yesterday. Lets just say it's not recommended to get a new string put on, get a 20 yard pin set without tuning, and shooting the Sitka course at TAC. I finished with my buddy's arrows after flinging mine in odd places.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You hit that white rabbit? Shot the yeti and Sitka on Fri. Was a good time.
I did hit the rabbit (found out that once I got the 20 set the rest of my pins were fairly close so I was not too bad out to 60) and the rabbit was 40. By the time I got to the rabbit though, I was shooting my buddy's arrows:)

First 4 shots I lost 3 arrows. Then realized I grabbed my quiver in a rush and only brought 6 arrows. Still a fun day but every year I go and do this. I just don't shoot much in the spring. Never fails that I change something around right after the season thinking I'll get to it before TAC. Then put the bow somewhere and pick it up a couple days before hand.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
You hit that white rabbit? Shot the yeti and Sitka on Fri. Was a good time.
We shot Leupold on Friday and Yeti on Sunday. Leupold did NOT go well. It turned out my 40, 50, and 60 yard pins were nowhere close. I spent a great deal of time practicing on Saturday, and the Yeti course on Sunday went much better. I also ditched my glasses and shot with blurry pins but clear targets on Sunday. I had about 3 shots I'd like to have over including the big buck at 45 yards to finish. I had a very disappointing 5 on that one. The hardest thing about Yeti was retrieving arrows. The shooting itself, IMO, was easier than Leupold. The targets on Leupold were virtually almost all like the bobcat (target 3) on Leupold. And there was nothing under 33 yards. There were a couple shots on Yeti that I kept thinking a big windmill was going to swing by and get in the way because they otherwise seemed too easy. Like I said, I'd like 3 shots over. Especially after getting an 8 on the 50 yard crow.

Opening shot of Yeti was at . . well . . the Yeti at 77 yards. And it was a SERIOUS climb up to the Yeti. Not as bad as the hanging fruit bat at 51 yards though. I don't have a picture of that one but it took us a while to even find the target from the cone.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Those courses sound like a lot of fun… But from the descriptions of these targets, I feel I would need to have to come with at least a dozen arrows.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Any Trophy Ridge React Pro users out there? Likes? Dislikes? Reliability? I was looking at the react trio pro yesterday and really liking it.

I shoot a react one, the older model, and really like it. If i could make any change to it i would get the trio because having the two fixed pins at 20-30 makes life easy for hunting. as long as your bow shoots the minimum FPS you will be fine with any react sight you pick.

Reactions: Mr. October

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Those courses sound like a lot of fun… But from the descriptions of these targets, I feel I would need to have to come with at least a dozen arrows.
I can gaurantee no matter how prepared you are you will lose arrows. I lost or broke about 6. The worst place for losing arrows might be the practice range though. It is uphill with long grass and anything that doesn't hit the target gets buried. But it IS well worth it and really fun. I did not get much chance to shoot this year before the event but plan to rectify that next year.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I shoot a react one, the older model, and really like it. If i could make any change to it i would get the trio because having the two fixed pins at 20-30 makes life easy for hunting. as long as your bow shoots the minimum FPS you will be fine with any react sight you pick.
As of this morning, this became a non-question. I REALLY like the Trio Pro. I'd have ordered one this morning . . . except they don't make it in left-handed. :mad: The guys at the booth said they did. But there isn't a left-handed option on the website and I contacted them to ask and got an e-mail back stating there are no plans for a left-handed version.

21 - 40 of 9121 Posts