Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

297473 Views 9120 Replies 170 Participants Last post by  nicko
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
441 - 460 of 9121 Posts

· Pay It Forward
27,102 Posts
So what it the final skinny on antlerleas hunting during the firearm season? You can kill an antlerleas deer the entire first week or the entire 2-week season; I am confused?

· Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
34,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
So what it the final skinny on antlerleas hunting during the firearm season? You can kill an antlerleas deer the entire first week or the entire 2-week season; I am confused?
You are not confused. 2 weeks of concurrent buck and doe statewide.

· Registered
3,975 Posts
Kind of a bummer even though I do most of my hunting in Bow Season. Buck season was a magical time when we were kids. When you heard a close shot you knew a buck might be coming. The last time they did this for a few years in a row, the herd was thinned too far. It took awhile for them to recover. I remember it well. The shooting was nonstop for hours.

· Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
34,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
With a Saturday/Sunday start they need to go to just a single week Saturday to the next Saturday buck/doe season.. the end

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I think 2-3 seasons of this would end up with discussion about there being too many deer and habitat reversal.

Hunting population going down, some only hunt two days a year, huntable land lost to posting and development every year, the PGC relying on hunters to help control the overall herd including DMA areas. Overall, there are fewer hunters every year to help the GC meet their goals. If anything, I could see more time added to the season as years go on.

· Perry Hunter
2,663 Posts
Nice buck in field Matt!
LTG - looks like a lot of fun! I never fished for snook, or literally anything in FLA.

Spent a few hours on Susky last night til about 1 am getting after the Flats. We had a great night, landing 8 (all flats) and 2 pretty good ones over 20. I just got into this 2 years ago, and it’s really starting to suck me in, especially when you have a good nights! [emoji106].

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Perry….I haven’t either, but my wife and son love it. We have a friend there who provides “captain” service. I’m the mate….put shrimp on hooks, take pics, fetch drinks, etc. This was our third trip there and second time saltwater fishing. Those fish were caught in Everglades part of the Ten Thousand Islands. Beautiful country…for a week. I’m ready to get back home to PA though. ;)

441 - 460 of 9121 Posts