Archery Talk Forum banner
4721 - 4740 of 9115 Posts

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,721 ·
Was a slow day for me and dad...at least the first half anyway. I was just about to radio him at 11:35am and see if he saw anything when the 50th shot for the day rang out....and it was his.
Turned out 4 doe got in behind him before he knew it, he rushed the shot.......and missed!

I ended up seeing 9 doe and 2 fawns...all in the pm from around 12:30 till dark. Took a big a doe, pictured below with about a 37yd shot at 1:32pm. She didn't go 20yds but of course she had to "go to water".

I counted 92 shots heard for the entire day, most were probably over 1/2 a mile and further away while only a handful were close. Farmers I associate with didn't hunt much today but managed to get a doe and missed a few including a nice 6pt and another buck described as being massive. I told them to send it my way but you know how that goes.
Congrats AJ… Looks like a big girl.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Day 2 will start shortly. I'm up before the kids. Sipping coffee and eating breakfast.
From what I heard 1 buck did get drug out of the ANF not far from our land. I guess I will figure it out over time which one it was.
Cell cams showed 4 bucks out back last night. One of the 3 being legal. A nice 6 that Caitlin would be thrilled with. If she gets a clean shot on a mature doe today I will let her shoot that also. She has only killed 3 deer and she's 21. She's seen bucks, luck just hasn't gone her way. She'll only be out until about 10 today and is trying to beat the weather that's coming in this afternoon on her way home.

Not sure where the boys will go today. We will figure that out in the next hour. Dad has his spot picked out.
This is the part of rifle I enjoy the most, the family time.

·
<------Reese
Hoyt Ventum 33 and KI Swat X1
19,473 Posts
We have a coating of snow, which is perfect. Anymore than this and then the driveway becomes an issue. Anyway, I will be out solo until noon today as my son had late soccer games last night and wasn’t home until 11. Then, I have to go get a Christmas tree. Might be able to pull off an afternoon hunt if we can agree on a tree quickly…lol!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I should also throw put a special shout out to my lovely wife.

Friday she made a breakfast casserole and some kind of breakfast potato dish that we just had tp wq up for breakfast.

For dinner yesterday 5 Stromboli for all of us.

I'm lucky to have her

4721 - 4740 of 9115 Posts