Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

297648 Views 9120 Replies 170 Participants Last post by  nicko
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
See more
21 - 40 of 182 Posts

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
The only place we can buy a license around here is Walmart and I'd rather pluck my finger nails off,one by one.We have a Dunhams but every time I've ever tried,they claim their system is down.There were a couple small shops who had PALS but they're closed now.

I bought my son's online because I wanted to get him some DMAP's but I'll probably buy mine at walmart just to get the antlerless envelopes.
I have gotten pink envelopes at Walmart without buying a license there…if that saves you picking off your nails.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Absolutely. I'd be OK if they doubled the general license fee and doubled the price of antlerless tags. PA has got to be one of the cheapest states to hunt. They would have more money to allocate to hiring and training classes of new cadets. The GC officers are stretched very thin as it is and have to cover huge areas.
Totally agree!!! But lawmakers won’t do it, somewhere there is pressure to keep it unchanged.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Perry….I haven’t either, but my wife and son love it. We have a friend there who provides “captain” service. I’m the mate….put shrimp on hooks, take pics, fetch drinks, etc. This was our third trip there and second time saltwater fishing. Those fish were caught in Everglades part of the Ten Thousand Islands. Beautiful country…for a week. I’m ready to get back home to PA though. ;)

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Looks like you will be able to get more than the 3 tags, up to 6 unused at one time…maybe old news for some?

Thanks for that.
Curious why you ask that?
Based on my experience killing a young deer in daylight by orchard is possible. But if I was after a mature doe I’d be back on a travel route to the orchard.

My favorite day of owning a boat was the day I sold it.
Heard that from a few folks…

21 - 40 of 182 Posts