Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Our 11-year-old hound passed last night. It’s been a tough day. Not an unexpected passing, but happened quickly. Thought shooting my bow would help me clear my head, but no bueno. Gonna sting for a while…

View attachment 7454617

View attachment 7454618
very sorry too hear,,raised beagles and racoon -hounds in my teens and 20's its tuff...pet life is too short..again very sorry...too hear

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
And you don’t have to deal with thousands of people! I’m with you, stay home and make your own and ya don’t have to be elbow to elbow with strangers. I’ll be making a batch of venison burgers for a family gathering tomorrow
That what I did,,,stayed home,,,only crowds I like are under my stand,,deer(y)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Trail cams, old school models or newest cell cams, only show you what walks within the detection range of the cam. Just because the camera doesn’t show deer doesn’t mean the deer are not there. Gotta get out in the woods and see for yourself.
Trail cams educate old wise deer more than they educate you...I believe in first time in stand location and all day hunts is the key....I own O cameras {just sold them}...I go on my scouting only..

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I woke up this morning with full intentions to go out. 70 degrees and humid at 5am resulted in me getting a bunch of house projects done. Completely unmotivated to go out these days and not really interested in dealing with a deer right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart move...blowing doe out of areas you will need them there in couple weeks too keep the rut close too your area..Some areas I dont go til after Halloween

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
My time in the woods just won’t be the same from now on. My Dad passed away this week, he was a long time PA. Bow hunter who had me in the woods with him for as long as i can remember. Even though he slowed down the past few years and wasn’t able to hunt at all last year, he was still the first person I called when I had a hunting story to tell. He loved just to hear the stories.
I came across this picture going through some of his things. It’s probably my favorite picture of him.

So sorry....

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Well for many of

Exactly. For me, hunting Pennsylvania is a one day a week affair. I'm happy I have private land in NJ to hunt. It's a little sad when our liberal neighbor who barely allows gun ownership is ahead of Pennsylvania on nearly everything when it comes to modernizing hunting laws (aside from the bleeding heart governor cancelling bear season).
Thats crazy stopping bear in NJ...When I hunted NJ..some days I saw more bear then deer..I have no interest too hunt bear...In Pa I have bear tag just in case one comes thru during the bear season..Will donate too a family in need..

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
First sit in awhile tonight. Haven't been able to hunt with taking a new job. Was used to endless flexibility with a job of 10 years. Ended up taking a fully remote job out of NYC and there is no vacation for the first 90 days. Between kids sports and work I need to cherish anytime I can sneak out. Shoot straight to this out tonight.

Good luck,,,me too 6 days working ,,money is there I need too work!!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
My cameras turned lose today, the mature deer have been moving but only at night and first hour of daylight the past week. Today was movement was all day, cruising, chasing, deer were just up and about. I'm still a week away from my time off but I think that'll be prime time anyways plus this weekend looks like more of what we've had in wet windy weather. I'm hoping November bring cold and clear

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I been holding off not too burn any good stands out...I"M READY..GOOD LUCK TOO ALL..(y)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts