Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Freelands course is closed if anyone was going to go there. I went yesterday morning and dropped my $10 in the box only to see a sign that said course closed. I walked it and all the targets are gone. When I got back to the parking lot there was a guy going to shoot the bags and he said they've been having bear problems.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
So before the rain hit yesterday I finally got out and tried out the new CGM Diamondback saddle and the Tetherd One sticks I got a few weeks back. First off this Diamondback saddle is awesome :) It fits very well, is so incredibility adjustable, comfy, and doesn't weigh squat and well at $170 😊 I didn't get to spend a lot of time in it before the rain chased me in but I like it.... a lot. Now the Tetherd One sticks I will just resound what has been said in all the reviews. They are light, I mean crazy azz super light 😁 They are super solid, they bite right into the tree.....which could be an issue on public land with thinner barked trees. I like the amsteel connection system as it's quick, easy, & secure. They stack together better than any other system I've used. They do have the black pins in them which are 3D printed and not all that tough but they all came with the new injected molded replacements ;) They are noisy, if you bang them together they ring right out. Obviously stealth strips will be a must and I'm going to cap the ends somehow. That open tube just amplifies the sound. Over all I like them a lot aside from the noise but I can fix that. Oh and did I say they are light, like super light :p

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
TAC looks like a blast, but I would need to get in shape before tackling those courses. Maybe next year...
Being in shape is always good obviously but the Leupold course was no different to walk than a local 3d. A bit of up and down but if you shoot 3D in PA . . about the same, just a tad longer. (4ish miles). Yeti was a tough walk if you go up to all the targets. Not everyone needs to climb up to them. The whole course is basically an out and back along a road and the targets extend up or down hill on either side. I can't speak for the other courses but it sounds like Sitka was mostly a downhill walk. We are planning on shooting all 5 courses next year.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Being in shape is always good obviously but the Leupold course was no different to walk than a local 3d. A bit of up and down but if you shoot 3D in PA . . about the same, just a tad longer. (4ish miles). Yeti was a tough walk if you go up to all the targets. Not everyone needs to climb up to them. The whole course is basically an out and back along a road and the targets extend up or down hill on either side. I can't speak for the other courses but it sounds like Sitka was mostly a downhill walk. We are planning on shooting all 5 courses next year.
We are planning on multiple days and paying the one time fee as well.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Went shooting this morning at the R&G club and it was miserable. The range is in the woods so flies and bugs were constantly buzzing my dome, landing on my head, my arms, my legs, etc. Annoying enough to make me pack it in early but came to the conclusion I probably need to bump my DL down on this R35 by 1/2". I can't maintain a consistent anchor and my accuracy with it is not consistent enough for my standard.

Better to figure it out now and iron out the wrinkles.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Went shooting this morning at the R&G club and it was miserable. The range is in the woods so flies and bugs were constantly buzzing my dome, landing on my head, my arms, my legs, etc. Annoying enough to make me pack it in early but came to the conclusion I probably need to bump my DL down on this R35 by 1/2". I can't maintain a consistent anchor and my accuracy with it is not consistent enough for my standard.

Better to figure it out now and iron out the wrinkles.
Easier to lower the standard:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
577 Posts
My group is looking at renting a cabin and shooting all the courses next year. I consider myself in pretty good physical shape and the nock on and Sitka courses were both pretty tiresome especially in the heat.

I’d also recommend to really make sure your gear is shooting good because the shots go out to at least 120 yards, and that was only the nock on and Sitka. I know the prime is supposed to be farther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
My group is looking at renting a cabin and shooting all the courses next year. I consider myself in pretty good physical shape and the nock on and Sitka courses were both pretty tiresome especially in the heat.

I’d also recommend to really make sure your gear is shooting good because the shots go out to at least 120 yards, and that was only the nock on and Sitka. I know the prime is supposed to be farther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And for anyone intimidated by the distances or fearing their equipment is inadequate . . remember. It ISN'T a competition. You can move up to where you are comfortable.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts

·
203 4/8 non-typical
12,258 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
I’m sorry for your loss.

41 - 60 of 9121 Posts