Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

297578 Views 9120 Replies 170 Participants Last post by  nicko
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
661 - 680 of 9121 Posts

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Just checked website again and 3A antlerless tag has been issued by Bucks County Treasurer.

· Registered
27 Posts
This was 2017 - PA regular season. Yes, for this forum "I cheated and used a rifle" and it was a cow tag, not one of the coveted bull tags. I can tell you from experience that the PA Elk taste far better than the Western elk. If you ever draw or even get a chance to go and be a part of the hunt activities/festivities in Bennezette around the PA elk season, it is a great experience that the entire area participates in every year.

· Registered
6,652 Posts
I live on the bottom edge of the elk range and just never had a desire to apply.I have nothing against the hunt,realize that it's important and have entered my son every year in every draw since he was 12.For whatever reason,I just never cared to enter myself

Congrats on the cow.I'm an insurance agent and about every other year I have a client wack one.As repayment for a dip in my loss ratio,I usually demand some elk meat.You are correct.It's some of the best wild game out there.

· Banned
Mathews V3X, V3, and KI Swat X1
20,445 Posts
This was 2017 - PA regular season. Yes, for this forum "I cheated and used a rifle" and it was a cow tag, not one of the coveted bull tags. I can tell you from experience that the PA Elk taste far better than the Western elk. If you ever draw or even get a chance to go and be a part of the hunt activities/festivities in Bennezette around the PA elk season, it is a great experience that the entire area participates in every year.
View attachment 7436960
No need to apologize! Nice cow and congrats!

I just hope I draw before I die. My preference is with the bow, but if legal during the firearms season, I want both with me.

· Registered
12,613 Posts
So I was just shooting my brand spanking new PSE 34 EVL which I, so far, love. Suddenly, the sight pin looked like a giant, neon halo. I thought "It's almost like I don't have a verifier." It turns out . . I don't have a verifier anymore. Oddly, the aperture didn't unscrew. The lens actually came out of the aperture. That's pretty annoying. I wonder if Specialty will replace it? It isn't a new peep. We moved it from my old bow.

· Feedn The Geese
12,840 Posts
I think I have 12 points in the regular season. I gave up applying bull only. I'll just kill whatever and move on to the next adventure, I really don't care at this point. I'd rather draw at 40 than 70

661 - 680 of 9121 Posts