Archery Talk Forum banner
681 - 700 of 9121 Posts

· Registered
8,459 Posts
I drew Zone 6, I killed it just across and down the river from Bennezette.
Don't take this the wrong way, not criticizing. Just an observation.. Been to Bennezette many times in the fall. I've walked to within 20 yards of massive bulls on many occasions. Tame as a little puppy dog right around town there. They walk right up to the houses, and stroll through traffic on the roads. Have also gone backwoods on horseback , same thing they just stand there even when you dismount. They are pretty conditioned to human interaction.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, not criticizing. Just an observation.. Been to Bennezette many times in the fall. I've walked to within 20 yards of massive bulls on many occasions. Tame as a little puppy dog right around town there. They walk right up to the houses, and stroll through traffic on the roads. Have also gone backwoods on horseback , same thing they just stand there even when you dismount. They are pretty conditioned to human interaction.
Trust me, they are all not like the Benezette elk.

· Registered
3,954 Posts
Anyone get awarded their doe tags yet? From first round. Mine didn’t chow up yet on the website. This is later then normal for me. Just wondering if this new system is the issue or if something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Perry Hunter
2,663 Posts
Anyone get awarded their doe tags yet? From first round. Mine didn’t chow up yet on the website. This is later then normal for me. Just wondering if this new system is the issue or if something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received mine in mail yesterday.

· Registered
21,854 Posts
My 3C arrived today.
Have about a dozen bucks hitting my one plot. No shooters….yet.
Was hoping the boys would get to see a bear or two, but trying to keep them somewhat quiet is an impossibility.
Sky Deer Nature Black Organism
Deer Fawn Flash photography Terrestrial animal Tail

· Registered
6,884 Posts
Put in another good work day yesterday, planted several micro plots, mowed clover, moved a few cams, and did tree removal work for the land owner on some ash and hickory he wanted down. Everything worked up great but 1 plot that had an area too muddy to turn over the ground.

Got the mount home and hung on the wall

**Pics aren't uploading right now so I'll have to dump a few pics from the weekend later

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,884 Posts
My 3C arrived today.
Have about a dozen bucks hitting my one plot. No shooters….yet.
Was hoping the boys would get to see a bear or two, but trying to keep them somewhat quiet is an impossibility.
View attachment 7437647 View attachment 7437648
I don't have as many bucks as last year at our 3C place but I have a 10pt that's been out all but 1 evening since late June. And last night I finally had another good buck from last year return.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,459 Posts
Been well over a week since my 5C doe tag was activated, no tag in the mail yet. Have had a lot of " lost" mail the past year. Hope this isn't more of it. I have electronic record of it. I figure If it never shows I'll shoot a doe still if the mood strikes I'll just make my own tag. Let the PGC and the USPS sort it out. I'm not going to chase it down. Hopefully it shows up.

681 - 700 of 9121 Posts