Archery Talk Forum banner

*** 2021-22 THE Pennsylvania Thread ***

297648 Views 9120 Replies 170 Participants Last post by  nicko
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
I saw the trail cam pic perry24 posted of the buck with some decent antler growth so it seemed like a good time to start a new thread for 2021-22.

In a new segment this year, fullmoon will be hosting a weekly webinar where he talks tips, tricks, and even gives hints as to the general coordinates of his favorite honey holes. 😁
See more
41 - 60 of 182 Posts

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Think how much less stress we had before online banking and tag tracking. :rolleyes: We sent in envelope and then waited.

That said I’m solidly in favor of a Point of Sale system for tags. Raise it to $10 each to cover software upgrades. It’s 2021 not 1999….

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
It's cheap because you either have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or be a complete idiot.This past winter,a guy I lift with had a deer run past his house and drop behind it.It was after the season closed so he called the PGC.Our new Warden shows up,follows the blood trail to where the deer dropped and followed the tracks in the snow right to a house where he busted the guy.What kind of a brain dead clown would poach a deer in a residential area with snow on the ground lol?
It probably worked before for him….

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Sounds like they understand the area and place a priority on those pink envelopes. I’ve got to imagine clerks at many of the county courthouse offices cringe when they see those stacks of pink envelopes coming in as it’s an additional workload on top of what they already have to do.
Well if they are like local township they aren’t exactly overworked….

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
From another thread….figure many of you can relate:

There are perks of every season….

Cold front around Halloween…woods here in Pa have some brilliant maple and oak leaves hanging, scrapes are open, deer are moving. Nothing better to me than watching a buck work up a ridge, breath steaming in the rising sun, cruising for a hot doe….gripping the bow in anticipation and scanning thru binos to see what he is….

Opening day of rifle season…statewide celebration, many of us started hunting in this season….the faint crack of the first shot as light slowly filters into the woods…the noise of a group of deer trotting across the side of the ridge…the evening excitement of sharing stories of the day and of past openers…..

Late season January…crawling into a blind on a food source after a storm has passed, temps 15 colder than previous week…watching deer filter out and just chow away on the hours of plot work…fingertips and nose frozen…sitting by the woodstove and reliving a glorious sunset watching darkness fall on a plot full of hungry deer…thinking ahead to the next season….

41 - 60 of 182 Posts