Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Never made it out today but instead spent a few hours with grandpa. He was diagnosed with covid a few months back, survived it...but never recovered from it at his age.
Doc only gives him a few more days at most. We knew it was coming but your still never really prepared for it.
Very sorry AJ...praying....

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Today marks two years since I had a stroke. I want urge my friends here to go to the doctor and get things checked out if your experiencing anything out of the ordinary as far as lightheaded , weird heart beat ,weakness, etc. It could be something that can lead to stroke. Mine was AFIB. In hindsight I did ignore some mild symptoms that if reported could have saved me a whole lot of grief. A stroke ain't worth it. Sounds weird to say I was lucky, but I was. I was supposed to be in a tree stand hunting that day, bad weather made me go to work instead. It hit in the office while discussing an issue with coworkers that immediately went into action and called 911. It was a substantial stroke that blew up the part of my brain that controls sensation, leaving numbness in my whole left side that is still there and will be for life. Luckily my muscles, speech and that stuff was spared. Outwardly you'd never know I had a stroke. But my balance is screwed up and other issues I'll deal with for the rest of my life. Took a lot of hard work to get where I am now. So trust me when I say no matter how good of shape you think your in get things checked no matter how minor they seem. If I had been in the woods things would have been much worse.

Sorry for rambling on. Just a heads up, get it checked!
Glad your feeling alot better,,,Bill,,,since I hit 50 I go twice a year.{check ups}..Also fast walk 2 miles everyday when I get out of my truck after returning home..

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
So you wanna talk stupidity.. I'm out on this Sunday to go deep into a very remote swamp where my reveal x is. It stopped responding over two weeks despite brand new batteries in it, and I suspect it might have gotten snagged by someone or it's broken. On the way, I find a climber treestand, I repeat a CLIMBER treestand, and the idiot put screw in steps to get up to it... Room temperature IQ there View attachment 7492986 View attachment 7492987
sorry about your camera..Dude was hanging with snoop in this stand setup
Glasses Beard Vision care Eyewear Flash photography

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Yike I just realized this..
DEER, REGULAR FIREARMS (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide: Nov. 27; Sunday, Nov. 28; and Nov. 29-Dec. 11. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.
NOT GOOD

41 - 60 of 73 Posts