Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
Wow. I can't even imagine what you are going through and am truly sorry for your loss. While I am not normally a prayerful person, I will send one out for you and your family. I've always thought that prayers from bowhunters carried a little extra weight. Again, I am really sorry to hear this.

·
Pay It Forward
26,720 Posts
I can't even imagine Darrin...so sorry....my you be blessed with the strength and grace you will need to support those who will lean on you and the courage and fortitude to find support for yourself.

·
Banned
8,821 Posts
Damn Darrin, that’s horrible man. I am so very sorry for your loss. Couldn’t even imagine the pain.
He is a hero though for sure!! In weird way, you have to be proud!
Shoot me a pm anytime buddy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
So sorry to hear about this. Your son is a true hero. You'll be in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
So sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Darrin, a tragedy beyond words. I can’t imagine. I feel so bad for you and your family.
He certainly was a testament to his upbringing, he lost his life performing a heroic deed.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Omg Im so sorry
HE IS A HERO...Brave praying for your family..It hurts me bad too hear this...

61 - 80 of 9121 Posts