Archery Talk Forum banner
801 - 820 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
A gas powered pole saw changed my life for hanging tree stand sets on private, especially when trying to tuck ladder stands into cover.

On the boot talk..

The meindl shoe last of roomy wide toe box, tapered mid foot with a deep snug heel pocket is perfect for me, those cork footbeds are also the only boots I have immediately swapped for after market insoles. A detail I noticed is they place their vortex seam offset and not up the back of the boot to reduce possible rubbing if any heel lift is present.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Ad Meliora
20,026 Posts
Has Meindl changed their waterproofing? I went 2 for 2 on leaks after a year of wear just past warranty and it soured me on them. That was 10 years ago buying thru Cabelas.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 ·
Stopover for the night in Virginia coming home from vaca in SC. Still a lot going on between now and the end of August but ready to segue into prepping for mid September.

For those who put in for elk tags, when is the drawing taking place? Even though I didn’t put in, it’s fun to watch the live stream of the drawing.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Has Meindl changed their waterproofing? I went 2 for 2 on leaks after a year of wear just past warranty and it soured me on them. That was 10 years ago buying thru Cabelas.
I don't have any older ones to know and I don't have enough miles to talk durability about mine yet as they are only 3 months and 50 miles in. The hanwags are 2yrs and 200+ miles strong on waterproofing

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Perry Hunter
2,647 Posts
Put a ladder stand up this morning for my older neighbor. Had to hand-cut a path with machete for about 200 yards. Was a long morning…lol, but his std is tucked in and nice… he loves it. Got it for him for Christmas. Also tightened straps and did maintenance on two of my stds.
Then we dove into 2 dozen blue crabs…which were delicious!! Love blues!!
Just put in for archery elk bull drawing as well.

Reactions: HNTRDAVE

·
Registered
33,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
Tags in 3A going fast. Under 700 left now. I sent my application on Thursday but Second tag is not looking likely at this point. Oh well, even if I don’t get it, I will get my second choice for 5C.

·
Registered
33,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
Looks like I was lucky enough to get a 2cnd 3A tag. I’m surprised
Congrats! Put mine in the mail on Thursday morning but no dice and still not processed for my 2nd choice of 5C. I wonder if it's even at the courthouse right now or still floating around in the mail. Oh well. I at least have one antlerless tag for up there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Really handy just dropping them off at the post office in wellsboro Saturday before… They keep a separate bin for pink envelopes and they seem to be there on Monday morning at the treasures office.

·
Registered
33,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #816 ·
Really handy just dropping them off at the post office in wellsboro Saturday before… They keep a separate bin for pink envelopes and they seem to be there on Monday morning at the treasures office.
Sounds like they understand the area and place a priority on those pink envelopes. I’ve got to imagine clerks at many of the county courthouse offices cringe when they see those stacks of pink envelopes coming in as it’s an additional workload on top of what they already have to do.

·
Ad Meliora
20,026 Posts
Sounds like they understand the area and place a priority on those pink envelopes. I’ve got to imagine clerks at many of the county courthouse offices cringe when they see those stacks of pink envelopes coming in as it’s an additional workload on top of what they already have to do.
Well if they are like local township they aren’t exactly overworked….

·
Registered
33,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #819 ·
Sent to the Delco courthouse but I had my parents mail it from their Berks county PO since we were away. They have always complained about their PO but who knows what happened. In the mail Thursday morning and nothing through end of business today. I will probably see that I was awarded a 5C tag at 8 AM tomorrow morning.

Can’t really say I am missing out as I didn’t punch one tag up in Potter last year.

·
Registered
21,121 Posts
I may do 2 up north, If my buck tag goes unpunched , one thing is fo sure, no more Montco for me. Between the lecture and the snail like pace, I’m done with them.

801 - 820 of 9121 Posts