Archery Talk Forum banner
841 - 860 of 9115 Posts

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
I told you guys about getting a lease in Ohio this year, so I figured I would show you some of the pictures thus far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's some good inspiration. Good luck getting on some of them.

How big is the lease?

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I grew up in Tioga County Pennsylvania, then lived in Beaver County for 7 years, but now live in eastern Ohio, about 30 miles from the PA border. I sent first round application for 3A for non residents to Bucks County, because my brother said how he gets his back quickly. That tag arrived yesterday. Last Thursday evening I dropped 2nd round in drop box at local post office and sent to Beaver County and put 3A as my first choice and 2A as second choice. I kept checking online yesterday and with less than 700 tags left at the time I got awarded a 2nd 3A tag. I would have been fine either way, since I still hunt beaver county quite a bit.

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Nice looking bucks Aspade!
took a ride this evening and glassed the area where I got the trail cam pics of the nice 10. He was in a field with approx 8 other deer, mostly does and fawns and another smaller 8. He was lying down just watching the others. Hoping he sticks around.

·
Registered
33,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·
My apologies if this has already been discussed and I’m being redundant. But does this mean that we don’t have to wait for the second unsold round to begin to apply for a second tag in one of the special reg areas? Based on what I’m reading here, it sounds like you can send in for two tags during the first unsold round in special regulation units. Hard to keep up as it seems they keep changing things even as license sales are taking place.

Font Rectangle Electric blue Poster Parallel

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Still no processing of the application I sent to the Delco courthouse last thursday morning.
My second tag just got awarded today. Generally the county I send mine to have me processed by 10-11 am Monday mornings. Obviously they are not doing as well as some other county's navigating this new system.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My apologies if this has already been discussed and I’m being redundant. But does this mean that we don’t have to wait for the second unsold round to begin to apply for a second tag in one of the special reg areas? Based on what I’m reading here, it sounds like you can send in for two tags during the first unsold round in special regulation units. Hard to keep up as it seems they keep changing things even as license sales are taking place.

View attachment 7443090
You can only apply for two if you didn't get a tag in the first round.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i hate it, and the fact they are forcing people who would never go to the treasurer office for OTC to go....9/13 is going to be a zoo to get tags. Wish they would let you apply for 3 per envelope again for special regs even with the limit of six tags till you fill them. I find it hard with work and two kids under 3 to get to the treasurer....

·
Registered
33,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 ·
i hate it, and the fact they are forcing people who would never go to the treasurer office for OTC to go....9/13 is going to be a zoo to get tags. Wish they would let you apply for 3 per envelope again for special regs even with the limit of six tags till you fill them. I find it hard with work and two kids under 3 to get to the treasurer....
They really have made a bad process even worse....didn't think that was possible.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
They really have made a bad process even worse....didn't think that was possible.
my wife was asking me why i was putting doe tag reminders in the calendar since i already sent in for them. I then explained the whole process to her and she just kind of looked at me shook her head and said "thats another reason why i wont hunt with you....that sounds dumb".

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
my wife was asking me why i was putting doe tag reminders in the calendar since i already sent in for them. I then explained the whole process to her and she just kind of looked at me shook her head and said "thats another reason why i wont hunt with you....that sounds dumb".
You should see me trying to explain it to some Ohio friends.

841 - 860 of 9115 Posts