Archery Talk Forum banner
861 - 880 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
So I have a couple cell cams now. I know some others on here have them too. How many pictures do you keep on your phone? Do you download any and keep them or just delete?

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
Delco courthouse finally got around to processing my 2nd tag today. Since they took so long with it, had to get my 2nd choice 5C. I'll get one more 5C tag and be good with that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So I have a couple cell cams now. I know some others on here have them too. How many pictures do you keep on your phone? Do you download any and keep them or just delete?
I save a few here and there. Either something I think is “nice”, or a cool picture of anything I see. I always just save them to my phone and delete them off of the tactacam app.

Example: my target buck I just got a picture of yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Taken on North Penn High School property. You can see the tech school in the background. Broad daylight mid day. Very populated area.

View attachment 7443918
Both look very nice but the one on the right looks especially thick. Looks like he’s had a nice lazy summer at the buffet.

·
Perry Hunter
2,647 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Both look very nice but the one on the right looks especially thick. Looks like he’s had a nice lazy summer at the buffet.
There was another buck with them that they were looking at just as big bodied. I guess they get fat eating shrubs and flowers. At least one of them will get creamed by a car. I wonder how many homeowners are feeding them.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,816 Posts
44 days...till the world ends right ;)

Been pretty busy as of late but the river is finally coming back down, be nice to get back in the river again and do some fishing!
6006 doe tags left in 4E when I checked about a half hour ago. Nice being able to look such things up...my 2nd tag was awarded yesterday.

·
Perry Hunter
2,647 Posts
Spent a number of hours on the river tonight after some cats. Put a 32 lb monster flatty in the boat tonight. For the Juniata, that’s a pig!! His mouth was enormous. Great night. Put 8 total in boat overall.
Tomorrow (well today looking at time now)…Going to take the Flx Guard apart on one of my Bowtechs and look at bearings and grease and then will prob need to Re-tune…then going to put a stand together and prob shoot for a little bit after all of that.

Curious…you guys with Tactacam….what do you set yours on? I have some that haven’t sent pics in several days and in really good spots! They are receiving updates but i am not getting any pics. When I moved them, they lit up the 1st two days….but now nothing. Seems very odd.

·
Pay It Forward
26,721 Posts

Everyone in our crew as noticed a dip in pics over the last 5-7 days…even when we are getting them, they are pics of everything but deer…

What is super weird…it’s almost all of our cams in PA, DE, NJ…those in KS are a different story, they’re capturing plenty.

I started looking at the weather data for this past week and am making notes to see if one thing seems to be connected to the other….who knows??

·
<------Reese
Mathews V3X, V3, and KI Swat X1
19,960 Posts

Everyone in our crew as noticed a dip in pics over the last 5-7 days…even when we are getting them, they are pics of everything but deer…

What is super weird…it’s almost all of our cams in PA, DE, NJ…those in KS are a different story, they’re capturing plenty.

I started looking at the weather data for this past week and am making notes to see if one thing seems to be connected to the other….who knows??
I have 13 days left in my billing cycle and only have 19 pictures. I typically max each month (250 photos). I’m going to swap cards and put fresh batteries in this weekend.

·
Perry Hunter
2,647 Posts
Thanks Joe. You don’t have a delay set on your’s?

Yeah, it’s definitely weird. My other cam I am still getting pics, but they have slowed tremendously too. I haven’t had a pic on my other cams since Monday!

·
Feedn The Geese
12,672 Posts
Majority of deer I am seeing feeding on forbes in the evenings. Theyre not even going to wide open soybean fields, theyre eating flowers and everything else. Most of them im seeing in weeds/forbes head high and brief glimpses.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,672 Posts
BTW too, I sent my muddy cam back last year as I was having major issues with verizon and others were as well with the cam showing full service. I dont know if its a cam problem or a verizon problem but the same cams in ATT were working as expected

861 - 880 of 9121 Posts