Archery Talk Forum banner
941 - 960 of 9121 Posts

·
Pay It Forward
26,715 Posts
Not sure when you're heading up, but if the forecasters are even remotely close, they wont be dry for long.....looks like the soil should be good to work with when you're there and will get some more moisture shortly thereafter....

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
Not sure when you're heading up, but if the forecasters are even remotely close, they wont be dry for long.....looks like the soil should be good to work with when you're there and will get some more moisture shortly thereafter....
View attachment 7447043
Heading up this Friday and planting on Saturday.

·
Registered
12,187 Posts
Pete, have you tried using a single pin sight or do you have blurring issues with that as well?
It doesn't seem to matter. Green is better than red though. I have a few things to try but I'm spending a lot of $$ trying to figure something out.

·
Pay It Forward
26,715 Posts
A single pin with a clarifying lens might be the trick, I know it's helped a lot of guys in similar situations....many report it helps neutralize the progressive lens issue....hope I gave you something to think about....

·
Registered
12,187 Posts
A single pin with a clarifying lens might be the trick, I know it's helped a lot of guys in similar situations....many report it helps neutralize the progressive lens issue....hope I gave you something to think about....
I haven't tried that combo yet. Once upon a time it was obviously what I chose for target archery but my eyes were better then and I don't have ready access to such a setup. The trial and error gets a bit pricey after a while.

·
Registered
33,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #947 ·
I haven't tried that combo yet. Once upon a time it was obviously what I chose for target archery but my eyes were better then and I don't have ready access to such a setup. The trial and error gets a bit pricey after a while.
I wear contacts but not progressives. Started having a problem with pin blur on mult-pin sights 3-4 years ago and made the switch to a single pin HHA. It made a big difference and really cleaned up my sight picture. You can always experiment with a single pin without buying a new site simply by sliding all but your top pin to the bottom of the scope housing and seeing how the single top pin by itself works for your eyes.

·
<------Reese
Mathews V3X, V3, and KI Swat X1
19,956 Posts
I use a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL. I deal with blurry pins, but instead of messing with a clarifier, I found the least blurry position by moving the sight bar in and out. I also switched to an 1/8” peep, which helped. I have no issues in low light. In fact, the buck I shot last year was right at first legal shooting light and had no issues getting on his vitals.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I may be starting out the season with my crossbow. I'm having an awful time with my new bow setup and trying to get some combination of progressive lenses, peeps, and sights figured out. It's been an increasingly worse problem over the last couple years and not getting better. I've spent more money on verifiers and sights trying to reach a solution but, short of Lasik I haven't really found one yet. I can either see my pins clearly or the target. Not both. It is very frustrating.
I hope you get it striated out...,,what ever works till you laser deal..I'm getting it done sooner than later..

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
I may be starting out the season with my crossbow. I'm having an awful time with my new bow setup and trying to get some combination of progressive lenses, peeps, and sights figured out. It's been an increasingly worse problem over the last couple years and not getting better. I've spent more money on verifiers and sights trying to reach a solution but, short of Lasik I haven't really found one yet. I can either see my pins clearly or the target. Not both. It is very frustrating.
I'm sure some will disagree here, but your going to never get exactly what your looking for as long as your wearing progressives. If you pins are so blurry that it's tough to cleanly define one from the other its time to see your optometrist to switch things up for hunting glasses. Been through it. For hunting I'm wearing regular bifocals now with just the smallest possible reading lense on the very bottom of my lense. Makes a big difference for me. I use no more than 3 pins. Also it might seem silly but using a light on your site even in daylight seems to help some folks. Bottom line as we get older pin blur becomes a fact a lot of us have to deal with. For me it's a compromise of a target that's a bit blurry, or pins that are, depending on where I decide to put my main focus. That said I kill animals 25 yards and in 90 % of the time. Good luck, you'll get the right combo.

·
Premium Member
2,868 Posts
This is what was happening in my part of PA today. Put down 200# of rye and 50# of clover in this area I had sprayed last week between corn field and woods. Broadcast then mowed down the dead thatch now pray for rain! Looks like it's cooling off on Saturday and calling for rain a few days next week. I also cut an access trail through the corn so I don't spook deer in the neighbors bean field on my way to the stand in the morning. The Avant 423 at only 43" wide only had to take out 1 row of corn so not much of a loss
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Land lot Terrestrial plant
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Sky Natural landscape Shrub Grass

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
33,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #955 ·
Looking forward to some cooler temps. Saturday in Gennesse high of low 70s and low of mid 50s. Make an attempt at a winter bulb and sugar beet food plot, move one stand, hang a new set, and set up a Bruce-branch.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
This is what was happening in my part of PA today. Put down 200# of rye and 50# of clover in this area I had sprayed last week between corn field and woods. Broadcast then mowed down the dead thatch now pray for rain! Looks like it's cooling off on Saturday and calling for rain a few days next week. I also cut an access trail through the corn so I don't spook deer in the neighbors bean field on my way to the stand in the morning. The Avant 423 at only 43" wide only had to take out 1 row of corn so not much of a loss View attachment 7447917 View attachment 7447920 View attachment 7447921

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

That's a sweet little machine you have there :)

941 - 960 of 9121 Posts