Archery Talk Forum banner
961 - 980 of 9121 Posts

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
Here is another pic of that double drop tine we talked about back on page 37 of this thread. My friend just sent me this. Looks like it has no fear of people.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Deer Grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CBB

·
Registered
Mathew VRX 31.5
72 Posts
I wish this bear would go away. I am getting more bear than deer pictures this year. I’ve never had consistent bear movement. I believe it is 2 or 3 different bears. This appears to be the same on tonight.

I had a mother with her 2 cub coming throw my best stand location last year. (like clock work) this year I did buy my bear lic for the heck of it,

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #966 · (Edited)
Had a productive but exhausting day. Relocated one stand and stick set, hung a new stand and stick set, pulled ferns by hand and rototilled a small spot for a throw-n-grow plot, and rototilled another small spot for a winter bulb and beet plot.

If we try food plots again, it will not be with a rototiller. Sucker actually did a good job but on high speed was like trying to control two angry bulldogs.

Wrapped the day up by hanging a Bruce-branch and strapping a cam on a tree near it. Luckily, couldn’t have asked for better weather. Now we just wait until October to see if any of this work will pay off.
Plant People in nature Farmer Tree Vegetation
Plant Plant community Cloud Natural environment Tree
Plant Flower Natural landscape Land lot Grass
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I may be starting out the season with my crossbow. I'm having an awful time with my new bow setup and trying to get some combination of progressive lenses, peeps, and sights figured out. It's been an increasingly worse problem over the last couple years and not getting better. I've spent more money on verifiers and sights trying to reach a solution but, short of Lasik I haven't really found one yet. I can either see my pins clearly or the target. Not both. It is very frustrating.
I’m with ya. I was planning on lasik this year, for the exact same reason. It my issues with my neck are priority now. I have to get fusion of 3 vertebrae in my neck, and it’s gonna be right at bow season. Either way I look at it, I will be using a crossbow this season. I can’t pull back my 50# bow at all. To make things worse, I have a new Prime Nexus 4 sitting here, and I can’t even put one single arrow through it.

·
Pay It Forward
26,722 Posts
Good work Nick, I wish I would have been playing closer attention, I could have maybe connected you with Pop. He, my brothers and nephews are all up there, basically doing the same. You probably could have used some of our gear. Heard from him this morning, all 33 stands are set and ready to roll, two of the three Mavericks are set, the third is assembled in the garage, but they couldn't decide where to put it. Food plots are all doing well, peas, tubers, and new clover going in later this week...basically Pop will drag the buckwheat, over-seed with seeds mentioned above, then crush the buckwheat down using the UTV, spray with weed killer....the crushed vegetation acts a blanket for seed protection from critters and moisture retention...

Some pics....

This guy needed some TLC....twistedo_O

I finally had some parts arrive for the boat, so Laurie and I shot down Thursday evening, weekend turned out fine;)

These were the best two, caught 17 between Friday afternoon and yesterday morning....Also added 30 blue claws to the mix.(y)

The Stripers were thick, but only on live bait, spot or eels....Laurie's not doing eels (haha) and we couldn't get any decent spot, not with Sabiki's or the cast-nets and no shops had any, so we focused on the flatties and had a blast.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Friday got 3 plots in
1 is a red and white clover mix with a dash of chicory and oats.
2nd is all chicory
3rd is a mix of mega plot, green patch plus and red clover that was all left overs from other plots.

Ground was moist when we seeded and it rained hard Friday night and Saturday morning. More rai. In the forecast Tuesday/Wednesday. Should be good to go.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #978 ·
I have 2 3C tags. When and how can I buy 5C and D tags?

2nd round of unsold tags starts tomorrow 8/16. OTC sales in person (or by mail) starts 9/13. I put my app in the mail Friday for my 2nd 5C tag.

961 - 980 of 9121 Posts