Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving too All...Stay safe everyone....Good luck too all bow hunters...I'm sorry I"m just not impressed with any gun kills..deer or bear...I came too this site for ARCHERYTALK>..Thats what should be spoken here..
I'm a die hard bow hunter...
If anyone ever want too take the challenge,and come hunt public land PM me...I have stands if you dont....or equipment I can help...A safety belt is a must..or truck doesnt move or bragging is not allowed....We keep that under our hats (y)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I walked over 12 miles today going to all the public spots I have trail cams. Wanna get them all out before the orange army enters the woods.
Going into my last spot I walked by 3 guys coming out with no fluorescent orange on and had loppers and saws in all their hands. Absolutely brazen and unbelievable. 1 was armed so I didn't say anything but God I wish I could have taken a picture of them and their vehicles plate and send it to a warden. Unreal
Mike wish you lived closer sounds like you needed a another guy with you...I did samething yesterday...took all sign of me away...I dont ever dress like I'm a hunter..
.I never move anything too road in daylight..All early or late pm...When I was younger..I put all my stands up late night while deer where gone from beds..IT worked like a charm waiting for right wind..I never hunt a bad wind..I will stay home..

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
THX MATT I"AM
I woke up an hour ago, tried to talk myself into it, I really did, but my heart just isn't into it. Grabbed a flashlight, took the dogs for a walk out in the snow for about 20 minutes, let them do their thing, came back in, brewed a pot of coffee, started a fire, and am sitting back, waiting hear the first shot in about 45 minutes or so.
This happen over 25 years ago.....Too me...I realized best times too hunt..and safest...Season Bowhunter always now...If I can find right hunter I have alot good land too share.Tuff too find dedicated bowhunter willing too walk...I walk two mile aday year round..for this..
These rifles that can shoot as far as you can see..Thats where it gets dangerous...You have know idea the hunter behind the tree that far away....Should be like Iowa,,,Shot gun slug only...STAY SAFE BOWHUNTERS

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
1000 acre deer camp that borders the public I hunt has been a slaughter house the last 2 days. It's been below average 3-5 bucks a year the last 5 years or so. It's at 10 dead so far. 3 of them dandies. I knew with this weather they'd be stacking them this year. I'm not up there till tomorrow with work, but fortunately none of the targets I had on the public were killed on the private. And my dad said he's heard almost no shots come from the public I've been hitting.
BM I see more deer on public then I ever seen private in PA..Maybe more then most see on private here..Know one wants too hike in deep...

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
`
We get it. You are the most hardcore, top dog alpha hunter there is on this site. At this point I full well expect that you will be on the 2022 thread chastising us for not using an atlatl.
As for my story this weekend, I didn't "hike in deep" and spent the better part of the weekend hoping others would score. Our group only came away with one doe for the weekend. Deer movement was non-existent. My son found a few but they didn't cooperate and zigged when he needed them to zag.
Very slow in our area. Very little shooting. Yesterday you wouldn't have even known it was gun season.
SIR THIS ARCHERYTALK THANK YOU>>>WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT ARCHERY<NOT IMPRESSED BY ANY GUN KILLS

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Well unfortunately I'm done hunting this year. The amazing piece of public I was hunting was ruined by the adjacent private. The guys from private did a drive covering almost all the best spots on the public. I went up and found footprints in or going to all of the very best bedding areas. And I find out they pushed 3 of the biggest I had on cam down into the private and they're all dead. Major bummer.
Lesson learned for next year. Get it done before rifle season LOL
Wish you where closer BM..got public I'm hitting late season door is open too DIEHARD. BOW HUNTER(y).That doesnt get hit hard...Sorry too hear about your spot..

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Hunting a small slice of private is amazing. Hunting large clubs in my experience is a nightmare. I have seen friends and family members have ruined relationships with each other over petty club membership jealousy. They usually have strict rules that must be followed. People lay claim to their "spots" you're forbidden from entering. All the work details. Yuck.
I love and adore the freedom of public. I get to hunt when I want, where I want, and how I want all being legal of course.
Mike been through the same deal...Nj best private dairy farm for first 25 years of my bow hunting..Rich came in over paid I was out..
Tree farm,,Pocono PA...Did all work for no wage ,mowing,tree triming..110 acres too owner and myself..He was military so he invited other service men up for gun,,I showed them where too be,left stands etc for them,,I didnt gun.Just was showing thx for there braveness..
It all changed I shot a monster then he was invited all people too bowhunt,,no work..I was out..
Then my public land journey started.It was eye opener....The farther I went the better it got...
I will never hunt private again,even if I got invited..
I learned public was so much better,Yes I help pay for it..Always pick any garbage and proud of public land...
Never got a pm with my invite..Thats fine..I love archery like you Mike,stay safe everyone...
I was willing too share but not many different and solo people like myself..

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
This is my last post....In PA thread this my farwell...
Due too lack of bow hunting talk in this thread this is my goodbye...I wish everyone a great Holiday and Happy New Year..Stay safe everyone.....

61 - 73 of 73 Posts