Archery Talk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 9115 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
This has absolutely become more than just a hunting thread at this point. I've been walking around still stunned and in shock. Having a son that is about to turn 20 this one really hit home. Darrin I'm still out of words but if there's anything I can do shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m in for the year. Still at TAC and shooting Yeti today. I’m hoping to be much better than Friday. It wouldn’t take much.

I was talking to one of the PSE reps and he thinks my EVL will be here a lot sooner than September. I’m also thinking of switching from Gold Tip o Victory when I set up my new bow.

I don’t think manufacturers value these events enough. I’m considering products for my new setup I never would have been if I hadn’t seen them in person here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you enjoy the yeti course? Dad and I shot leupold and there were some real tricky shots! Had a blast though

·
Registered
577 Posts
Being that I pretty much only hunt PA anymore and although I don’t post as much anymore I have chatted with a lot of you PA guys in the past.
On Saturday morning my 20 year old son Mitchell tragically lost his life in a house fire.He was at his girlfriends there were 6 people in the house,Him his girlfriend and her brother who has Down syndrome died.The fire investigator called yesterday to tell me that Mitch initially made it out.He re entered to try and save his girlfriend and brother,but was over come with smoke as he entered.my life has been forever changed and I want nothing more than to have my boy back,but now knowing he sacrificed his own life to try and save others makes the pain bearable.I am so proud you Big guy! View attachment 7416768
That is absolutely terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Just know your son performed the most selfless act a human can.

Not sure where you’re located but if you or your family need ANYTHING, Feel free to message me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Did you enjoy the yeti course? Dad and I shot leupold and there were some real tricky shots! Had a blast though
We did. Walking to/from the targets was more difficult than the shooting. The Leupold course was trickier shots overall. Like the 60 yard turkey!

·
Perry Hunter
2,641 Posts
This has absolutely become more than just a hunting thread at this point. I've been walking around still stunned and in shock. Having a son that is about to turn 20 this one really hit home. Darrin I'm still out of words but if there's anything I can do shoot me a PM.
I echo this Darrin, even though my little girl is not quite close to 20 yet. I wish I knew what to say, that others haven’t and to make your ache and grieving subside.
He went in a very honorable way! Prayers with you.

·
Pay It Forward
26,529 Posts
Depends…

Stay away from spypoint micros…even when they do work the pics are very poor

I settled in the Reveals and actually prefer the gen1 cams to the newest “X”, but to be be fair…if I never experienced the ease of use and performance results of the gen1 cams I probably wouldn’t know any better.

The Reveal X is a great cam at the $120 price point. We get great signals and transmissions from Potter to home and no issue with cams stationed anywhere around here with regard to signal and transmissions. In Potter all of our cams are in steel security boxes with deck screws out of the face and we have not had a bear issue with any of them.

Can’t really say necessarily negatives, just some quirks that bother me, but maybe not others. There is a thread here in the stickies full of tips and has a Reveal tech rep who chimes in to support. When I have had to contact customer service everything was handled beyond my expectations.

With the latest purchase this week our group has 34 reveals now. Lots of creative ways to share the account and expenses, you can find what works best for you and tour group.

Plans run from $5-$13 a month per cam…the spypoint plans are certainly much more wallet friendly, but you really are paying for a service and quality that is far inferior.

The Moultrir Delta has hit the market at under $100. I suspect we’ll start hearing more about these very soon. Not sure I’m interested in looking at something new again, especially because our crew has rather enthusiastically embraced the Reveals.

I can tell you…they are a game changer. I have two that have been out since the last week of November…still capturing and sending pics daily and battery power still over 90%. You don’t have to visit your site to check the card, wonder if batts are dead, etc…

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,598 Posts
Can’t wIt until October! I picked up a No Cam HTR, and I am in the process of setting it up. I’m enjoying the process of prepping for archery season!! I just picked up a QAD sight, new quiver, new stabilizer bar, and ordered a new HHA Tetra Tournament single pin sight. Can’t wait until it arrives!

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Hung two more taticams today, got a buck picture within hours of getting them out. We are up to 14 taticams in the family running on 3 properties. No issues to report and they work so well for us not being local to any of our hunting access.

Turkeys are still strutting too! Yes I'm more excited to see this than velvet bucks but it's getting close to me being more interested in the 4 legged critters

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 9115 Posts