Archery Talk Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 9115 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey guys figured I’d ask here before trying to list it anywhere. Are any of my fellow PA guys interested in a lightly used JX3 Hybrid? It’s a Gen 1 with tether and lineman’s rope. Just switching my setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
That’s waayy too much work with a rototiller. I know the general area, just getting it there must have been a bear.
Luckily we can drive the property in our trucks so we were able to pull right up to the spots that we wanted to plant. If we had to carry that Rototiller and walk it in, there’s no way I would’ve done that.

·
Registered
33,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Good work Nick, I wish I would have been playing closer attention, I could have maybe connected you with Pop. He, my brothers and nephews are all up there, basically doing the same. You probably could have used some of our gear. Heard from him this morning, all 33 stands are set and ready to roll, two of the three Mavericks are set, the third is assembled in the garage, but they couldn't decide where to put it. Food plots are all doing well, peas, tubers, and new clover going in later this week...basically Pop will drag the buckwheat, over-seed with seeds mentioned above, then crush the buckwheat down using the UTV, spray with weed killer....the crushed vegetation acts a blanket for seed protection from critters and moisture retention...

Some pics....

This guy needed some TLC....twistedo_O

I finally had some parts arrive for the boat, so Laurie and I shot down Thursday evening, weekend turned out fine;)

These were the best two, caught 17 between Friday afternoon and yesterday morning....Also added 30 blue claws to the mix.(y)

The Stripers were thick, but only on live bait, spot or eels....Laurie's not doing eels (haha) and we couldn't get any decent spot, not with Sabiki's or the cast-nets and no shops had any, so we focused on the flatties and had a blast.
Now you tell me.:LOL:

Plotslooking good.

·
Perry Hunter
2,641 Posts
Busy weekend here. Friday night we caught 15 flatties in the Susky. Best night yet and some pretty nice ones to boot!
Saturday put 2 plots in, eating up most of the day..then checked cams.
Today walked over 4 miles with the dog and checked cams on another piece of pressured property. Got into some yellow jackets and my dog took on the eye before I could smash it. This was on a field edge and they cam out of nowhere. I f’ing hate yellow jackets with a passion!! They are everywhere this year!!
I did find a heavy bedding area w/ rub lines in and out of beds in some pines and cedars on a point above 3 hollows. He’s got good escape in there and I have a good entrance through a stream to get in.
You other guys look to be staying busy too! Everybody’s working and Joe’s having fun in the bay ! I am jealous.

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
577 Posts
Finally had a day to play with the 80lb EVL and I must say this thing just plain shoots.
A few weeks ago I had some time to shoot it through paper and just get familiar with the bow. Today I got my 20 and then stepped back and found a 40. Immediately after I threw an Iron Will on and this is what I got.

Everything just holds well with this, and even when I don’t feel like it’s a perfect shot it just seems to find its way. The EVL 34 is really giving my Reckoning a run for its money.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Got a new entrance cut to a stand I've been using for a few years and placed a cam. I've ran cams there for years and get great deer movement but rarely see deer. This is my 3rd tweek to how I access this stand in about 4 years. Hopefully I am closer to getting it right.

·
Registered
33,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
Finally had a day to play with the 80lb EVL and I must say this thing just plain shoots.
A few weeks ago I had some time to shoot it through paper and just get familiar with the bow. Today I got my 20 and then stepped back and found a 40. Immediately after I threw an Iron Will on and this is what I got.

Everything just holds well with this, and even when I don’t feel like it’s a perfect shot it just seems to find its way. The EVL 34 is really giving my Reckoning a run for its money.

My shoulder aches just reading “80 lbs”.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts

I just got one as well but in 60 lbs. They sure are a fun and accurate bow to shoot.
I just got one as well but in 60 lbs. They sure are a fun and accurate bow to shoot.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
I got my blurry pin issues solved. A number 7 blue verifier does the trick.

Reactions: vonfoust and nicko

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Here is the development of a few of the plots we already have planted, 21 day growth of no plow and winter greens. The neighboring farmer was also able to drill 6 acres of peas/clover and 2 acres of rye/clover this week into some of our larger fields.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

981 - 1000 of 9115 Posts