Archery Talk Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 9121 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,810 Posts
Figured I'd fish for smallies this morning before all the rest of the upstate rain from Fred came down river. During the off & on drizzle...I saw 3 deer, a bald eagle, 2 red tailed hawks, several heron and loads of geese/ducks. The susky in my area wasn't much above normal summer waters levels this morning but that will likely change drastically in the next few days. Was definitely muddy though...with plenty of branches and logs to keep an eye on as they drifted by.

12 bass in 2 and a 1/2hrs...not all that bad considering the conditions. I wasn't paying all that much attention (not that I would have seen it in the murk anyway) when a smallie pushing 19"s slammed an hd glimmer trout I was twitching within a few feet of me...and then began jumping. Definitely a surprise i will always welcome, :)

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
Having never shimmed a bow before I finally had to shim my Gearhead last night....results of tail right and broadheads left of field points remained unfixable. Turned out I shimmed both cams the wrong way...well, back at it as soon as I get the chance. Nothing like learning the hard way!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Haven’t seen Kyle here, maybe it was Kyle/Pa, is he still around?
Still lurking around. Moving back into bowhunting mode. Picked up a few new places to hunt this year, shooting my bow and well behind in scouting. Been a busy summer taking my kids/camera on vacations. As they get older the less and less time it seems I'll have to hunt with sports.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Still lurking around. Moving back into bowhunting mode. Picked up a few new places to hunt this year, shooting my bow and well behind in scouting. Been a busy summer taking my kids/camera on vacations. As they get older the less and less time it seems I'll have to hunt with sports.
When I was hitting that stage my buddy said "You'll have half the time to hunt but appreciate it twice as much."

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,051 ·
Noticed the string on my Ritual 35 was fuzzing around the peep and as I took a closer look this morning, saw the peep is cutting into the fibers. One month before the early opener and now I need a new string set and peep. :mad:

Luckily I have a couple backups in case I can’t get it hunting ready to my liking by mid September.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Go over to the land I caretake and hunt this morning to pull a couple cards. This is what greets me. One of the old driveways going onto the property that I use to access a couple sets. A few years back we planted post and put a chain across set back far enough to get the truck off the road to unlock and drive in. These scum dumped their load of **** right there off the main drag, you can see the road. Troopers were called. I found a property management sticker on the one window with a phone number. You can see it in the pic by the door. Hope it leads to the culprits. All cleaned up now.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I'm off to lowes to get battery operated motion detector floods to put up on abandoned house next to driveway. I have a feeling they will be back. They had plenty of liquid courage last time by the amount of 40's of this crap I found.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Not sure why the negative thoughts on the police pursuing it? Heck they’re not allowed to do much else today thanks to current PC trends.
such a scumbag move Billy, Did they offload the empties there or were they hanging out partying?
need a hand, let me know.

1041 - 1060 of 9121 Posts