Archery Talk Forum banner
121 - 140 of 9115 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Between cleats,bats,pants, and a list of other baseball paraphenalia,I easily spent over 1K this past year on my son and I do that almost every year as he outgrows and wears stuff out.I just spent close to $600 on a new saddle pad and shims for a horse who had an odd shaped back.My kid's activities cost me piles of money but in the end it's all worth it.What I spend on hunting licenses is by far the best bang for my buck all year.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
License costs may be going up here and there but compared to most other states, PA remains a veritable bargain for hunting.

Reactions: huntin_addict

·
Ad Meliora
19,773 Posts
PGC doesn't want the inflation game to pass them by so they're jumping on board. 💲
And they can’t get a license increase so gotta do it somehow. Best bargain of the year is a license, but it still makes folks complain.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Seems our neighbor decided to discard of a pile of Lucky Charms cereal as well as granola with raisins in their yard. Our yard is not fenced and Maisy roams both yards. This morning, Mary noticed Maisy was chowing on something and got down there to see the food pile. I did a quick search and saw raisins are toxic to dogs. We called the vet and they said to give her a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to get to vomit if we wanted to be safe. She never puked so the vet said bring her right in. They gave her something to get the job done and out came what the said was a big pile of raisins. Sounds like it could have gone bad if we ignored it or waited too long. She’s got to stay at the vet for 48 hour$ for fluids and them keeping an eye on her.

It’s totally our fault as her owner for not keeping an eye her. And it’s our neighbors yard….they can do what they want. Gonna be an expensive lesson for us.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
That could have been bad.I know grapes are toxic to dogs so I imagine the dried ones could be just as bad.I had a well meaning but uninformed neighbor dump a huge load of apples in my horse pasture several years ago.Luckily,I had the horses gated off in another one.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
That could have been bad.I know grapes are toxic to dogs so I imagine the dried ones could be just as bad.I had a well meaning but uninformed neighbor dump a huge load of apples in my horse pasture several years ago.Luckily,I had the horses gated off in another one.
Not a horse person here. Are apples bad for horses? Regardless, I wouldn’t presume to give someone else’s animals food without asking.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Not a horse person here. Are apples bad for horses? Regardless, I wouldn’t presume to give someone else’s animals food without asking.
An apple or two isn't bad for them at all but if they gorge on them,they can easily die.Horses have a very sensitive digestive system.Too much grass,too early in the year can founder them,which can be a death sentence.Too much grain will also kill them.You really have to keep an eye on what they eat and how much.

·
Ad Meliora
19,773 Posts
An apple or two isn't bad for them at all but if they gorge on them,they can easily die.Horses have a very sensitive digestive system.Too much grass,too early in the year can founder them,which can be a death sentence.Too much grain will also kill them.You really have to keep an eye on what they eat and how much.
Wish you could explain that principle to morons who “help” the deer by introducing unlimited corn middle of winter.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
33,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
We gave little if any people food to our dog. Maybe some pretzel sticks but if we’re going to give her anything, she likes carrots. Drives me nuts when people come over and ask if it’s ok to feed her food that will surely turn her digestive track into a pile of water.

·
Perry Hunter
2,641 Posts
That's a shame.I didn't agree with the way he was looking at everything but I didn't see any bannable posts.I thought he was fairly reasonable.
What happened to Dave??

121 - 140 of 9115 Posts