Archery Talk Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1028 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I got to shoot the Solution today. It was setup at 29" draw and 70lbs. I tried it first on performance and it was not a pleasant experience. Very stiff draw which to me felt much higher than 70lbs. It was stiff through the entire draw cycle although it was more linear than the RevoltX I shot in performance. The revoltX was smoother but had a big hump before dropping in the valley. The let down was also very abrupt. You have to push it forward to get it to let down but when it goes it wants to tear your shoulder off. It was much more violent than any other bow I've tried and would be very hard to let down in a controlled manner without a lot of extra movement.

We switched it to comfort and it was much better although I still wasn't overly impressed. It felt more similar to the RevoltX in performance just not quite as smooth but not as big of a hump which was nice. The let down improved significantly also and had a much more manageable cycle. I'd say between it and the RevoltX I'd still take the RevoltX.

I've been waiting to try this bow before deciding but after shooting it I ended up ordering a Prime Nexus 4 which has been at the top of my list since trying it.
Now that BT, Hoyt, and Mathews have all released their 2021s, I am not completely sold on any of them. They all have great features - Dead Lock for BT, Hoyt’s new cam and lower stabilizer, and Mathew’s switch weight. I am a short draw and felt that the Solution was not a significant performance upgrade over my Reign 6. I think I’ll keep my Reign 6 for another year. I was really hoping to see the SR6 cam with their new deadlock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Now that BT, Hoyt, and Mathews have all released their 2021s, I am not completely sold on any of them. They all have great features - Dead Lock for BT, Hoyt’s new cam and lower stabilizer, and Mathew’s switch weight. I am a short draw and felt that the Solution was not a significant performance upgrade over my Reign 6. I think I’ll keep my Reign 6 for another year. I was really hoping to see the SR6 cam with their new deadlock system.

The solution could not get any closer to the sr6, unless you switch back to the dual cam system with yokes.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I was hoping to give my revolt X a friend but I might wait till next year

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,182 Posts
The solution could not get any closer to the sr6, unless you switch back to the dual cam system with yokes.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Literally...^^^

Reactions: peepin

·
Registered
356 Posts
Has anyone asked or heard if you can still special order the woodland camo? I asked the question to my shop and have yet to hear back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone asked or heard if you can still special order the woodland camo? I asked the question to my shop and have yet to hear back.
I asked at my shop and he said I could. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about but he seemed to...

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Woodland is good to go if you order, but no more custom runs which means no ASAT no matter how nicely you ask. BT is also saying to expect real world speeds of only about 5 fps over the SR6. I know, there’s a Facebook graph....

·
Registered
419 Posts
It blows my mind to see all the people saying "bowtech really let me down this year, I'll save my money". 99% of archerytalk was saying "ALL I WANT IS AN SR6 WITH DEADLOCK PLEASE BE AN SR6 WITH DEADLOCK". So bowtech makes an sr6 with deadlock and I haven't seen anything but people whining about it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It blows my mind to see all the people saying "bowtech really let me down this year, I'll save my money". 99% of archerytalk was saying "ALL I WANT IS AN SR6 WITH DEADLOCK PLEASE BE AN SR6 WITH DEADLOCK". So bowtech makes an sr6 with deadlock and I haven't seen anything but people whining about it.
Well, I'll admit to putting my foot in my mouth. I recenty shot a Solution at 28" 62lb. The draw was a bit stiff but I currently shoot a Realm X. However it is what I would refer to as a little stout and smooth at the same time. No hump and dump. I ordered one. :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
The shop I use doesn’t have the solutions yet, but I did say to please give me a call when they have one in at same time they have the nexus 4 so I can compare both at same draw weight at my actual draw length. I am 30-30.5” depending on what release I use. I need to be sure the solution doesn’t suck at 30” for me. If it’s as bad as everyone says the sr6 is, it will make my decision easy.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The shop I use doesn’t have the solutions yet, but I did say to please give me a call when they have one in at same time they have the nexus 4 so I can compare both at same draw weight at my actual draw length. I am 30-30.5” depending on what release I use. I need to be sure the solution doesn’t suck at 30” for me. If it’s as bad as everyone says the sr6 is, it will make my decision easy.

Shoot the SS too....it really surprised me at 30. Unless you are hung up on speed of course.

·
Registered
142 Posts

At 29", it was not smooth to me and I ordered the Nexus 4. It was also that I'm not a huge fan of the clutch grip though.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Shoot the SS too....it really surprised me at 30. Unless you are hung up on speed of course.
I’m not hung up in it, but I shoot maybe 55lbs max, so I try to get some speed to make up for weight. I shoot 490- 500 grain arrows for that reason, so some extra speed helps there too. I don’t care about speed so much, as I just want as much punch as I can get at the lower draw weight. Stability and accuracy are more important to me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Going in a couple of weeks to shoot the Soultion. If it is everything folks say it is, I'll be ordering one in Mossy Oak Break up Country. My Experience needs a friend.

·
Registered
656 Posts

It doesn’t have that bad hump at the last inch like the sr6. It’s a more even draw cycle.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,182 Posts
Completely agree... ^^^ ____ People are RIDICULOUS

981 - 1000 of 1028 Posts