Archery Talk Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1028 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is the Solution draw cycle significantly improved at 30” over the SR6?
Yes, shot it yesterday. I would say it still haves some hump but nothing like a sr6 at 30". If I shot 29.5 or 30 I would buy it but I shoot 29". Only reason I tried it at 30 was bc of my brother was test running it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Is the Solution draw cycle significantly improved at 30” over the SR6?
Yes absolutely. The entire draw cycle is “harder” then slower bows like the revolt or ss but that’s why it’s also faster. If you look at this speed graph someone else made you can see why the sr6 sucked at the last inch. And why it’s not a speed bow at lower draw lengths.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
I can’t imagine buying a solution and going a little shorter ata to gain a whole 3 or 4 FPS instead of just using the revolt x.
I would agree with that...for me it came down to the revolt x and the SS. In the end I wanted that buttery smooth, easy draw for a hunting bow.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes absolutely. The entire draw cycle is “harder” then slower bows like the revolt or ss but that’s why it’s also faster. If you look at this speed graph someone else made you can see why the sr6 sucked at the last inch. And why it’s not a speed bow at lower draw lengths.
Were those bows equal draw weight?
Also isn't IBO speed based on 29 in at 70? Wonder how bowtech posted their IBO for the SR6?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Were those bows equal draw weight?
Also isn't IBO speed based on 29 in at 70? Wonder how bowtech posted their IBO for the SR6?
Ye same draw weight and arrow weight. I thought IBO was at 30”.?.

The sr6 was a scam. 352 fps! But only at the last inch. Everything below that is more like a 340 IBO bow. All just to getthat high number stamped on the sticker to attract people. Then guys shoot it at 28” andsay wow! This draws amazing for a 352! Pretty sleezy bow tech. But the solution is what it says it is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
IBO is based on 30" draw, 70 lbs draw weight and a 350 grain arrow.
That's actually ATA standard, not IBO.

"The IBO speed is obtained by shooting a bow with the maximum pull weight of 80 pounds +/- 2 pounds. The arrow used will be 400 grains or 5 grains per pound of draw weight. No required draw length."

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's actually ATA standard, not IBO.

"The IBO speed is obtained by shooting a bow with the maximum pull weight of 80 pounds +/- 2 pounds. The arrow used will be 400 grains or 5 grains per pound of draw weight. No required draw length."

I believe that’s only a bow capable of 80#. So in the case of the solution it would be 70# 350 gr arrow, 30” draw length.

·
Registered
467 Posts
More like 6-7
You can’t even sight in for 6-7 FPS difference unless you’re shooting long distances. Deer can’t tell the difference when you shoot at them. Not sure why all the bow companies went with short ata lengths this year for flagship models but I can wait another year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You can’t even sight in for 6-7 FPS difference unless you’re shooting long distances. Deer can’t tell the difference when you shoot at them. Not sure why all the bow companies went with short ata lengths this year for flagship models but I can wait another year.
I agree I was just correcting your speeds. Bowtechs not going to replace its 34” revolt x after just one year. They will do that next year. Prime has long ata bows also

·
Registered
181 Posts
The draw at 30” is better, it’s stiff but smooth it is a speed bow and there is no big hump and dump at the end it’s way better at the back end then the SR6

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wish they made the Solution SS like they made the Realm SS. That is, 32-33 AtA and 335+ IBO.
Solution SS and the Revolt seem so similar that I'm not sure why you'd go with the SS when the realm has a longer brace height and slightly faster. Maybe the Solution SS cams are more efficient??
Anyway, I'm gonna shoot the Solution and the Revolt X side-by-side and pull the trigger one of these two bows.
Has anyone shot the Solution & Revolt-X side-by-side and compared the two?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe that’s only a bow capable of 80#. So in the case of the solution it would be 70# 350 gr arrow, 30” draw length.
What it means is that if a manufacturer makes a bow over 70#, or they can get a bow to pull more than 70#, they can use that. Also, IBO doesn't set a DL requirement. So the manufacturer has the leeway to fudge numbers. Is that 70# bow's IBO speed actually at 70, or did the manufacturer tune it to get over that 70? Is a Hoyt 75# bow actually comparable to a Bowtech at 70? Did they do stuff to extend the DL? What are the actual specs of the bow used in the test? It's kinda like the whole weight thing. How much did they leave off the bow to get that weight? Does it have a grip on it? Did they leave the speed nocks and silencers off the string? There's a lot of room to get numbers that look good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone asked or heard if you can still special order the woodland camo? I asked the question to my shop and have yet to hear back.
Friday I ordered a Revot X with OD green riser and Woodland limbs. Shop called me Saturday and said factory told them they aren't doing Woodland anymore. I switched to Subalpine limbs.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wish they made the Solution SS like they made the Realm SS. That is, 32-33 AtA and 335+ IBO.
Solution SS and the Revolt seem so similar that I'm not sure why you'd go with the SS when the realm has a longer brace height and slightly faster. Maybe the Solution SS cams are more efficient??
Anyway, I'm gonna shoot the Solution and the Revolt X side-by-side and pull the trigger one of these two bows.
Has anyone shot the Solution & Revolt-X side-by-side and compared the two?
They made the solution ss short to utilize the same light weight riser as the solution SD. And the solution has a longer brace height which is why it’s slower. If you like the longer ata get the revolt x. It’s super smooth too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
They made the solution ss short to utilize the same light weight riser as the solution SD. And the solution has a longer brace height which is why it’s slower. If you like the longer ata get the revolt x. It’s super smooth too.
It's not near as smooth as the SS....never the less a great bow

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Just shot the solution on performance 30” I bit better than the se6 but still pretty harsh. Ruled out of 2021 bows for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1001 - 1020 of 1028 Posts